A
AmmonCougar1I kept hearing Wrubell and Co. saying, "This year's 8-5 record, while the same as last year, feels different." Then they would proceed to say it was better than last year due to schedule strength.
I call "BULL" on that. IMO it felt different but worse given the fact that despite a more difficult schedule this year, when looking back at last year we coulda won most those games with Riley at the helm but this year we shoulda won most those games with Taysom at the helm.
I hate when other fans say this but I can't ignore the fact that we beat ourselves last night (and in the other four losses this season--save Wisky maybe) more than we were beat by the opponent. WIth Riley QBing last year I didn't have much hope for pulling out a win. And with his propensity for throwing pick 6's every game I honestly did not think we would/could win every game we played.
With Taysom on the other hand, I felt confident we could and should have won every game this year but somehow found ways to give them away in a variety of ways.
To me, yes the 8-5 this year felt different. Not because the schedule was more difficult but because the opportunities lost were more obvious. I'm still amazed, looking back, at the numbers of rushing yards we put up this year with such a crappy line. But I'm still disappointed more this year than I can remember being in any recent year entering the off-season.
Go Cougs!!!
J. Child
Ammon, ID
I call "BULL" on that. IMO it felt different but worse given the fact that despite a more difficult schedule this year, when looking back at last year we coulda won most those games with Riley at the helm but this year we shoulda won most those games with Taysom at the helm.
I hate when other fans say this but I can't ignore the fact that we beat ourselves last night (and in the other four losses this season--save Wisky maybe) more than we were beat by the opponent. WIth Riley QBing last year I didn't have much hope for pulling out a win. And with his propensity for throwing pick 6's every game I honestly did not think we would/could win every game we played.
With Taysom on the other hand, I felt confident we could and should have won every game this year but somehow found ways to give them away in a variety of ways.
To me, yes the 8-5 this year felt different. Not because the schedule was more difficult but because the opportunities lost were more obvious. I'm still amazed, looking back, at the numbers of rushing yards we put up this year with such a crappy line. But I'm still disappointed more this year than I can remember being in any recent year entering the off-season.
Go Cougs!!!
J. Child
Ammon, ID

