Archived Topic

after the bowl game

by craigoscarson · 12/11/2013

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Since the game is Friday night, our family is staying at the Marriott Marquise for the weekend.. If any of you want to get together for Saturday breakfast, lunch, or dinner, anywhere near the piers or union square let me know we'd love to meet you.
E
EM_Puma
I've thought about staying in town after the game. I'll have two married sons with me and we are visiting my mother in Napa (she's going to the game with us). I'll have to find out what she wants to do and I'll try to talk her into it because it makes sense since it is an evening game. I don't want to fight my way back to Napa afterwards unless I have to.
G
Gunk
I live in the area so it's a hop skip and jump over to SF. May have to jump in the car and drive 6 hours to a wedding reception, though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
AmmonCougar1
craigoscarson wrote:
Since the game is Friday night, our family is staying at the Marriott Marquise for the weekend.. If any of you want to get together for Saturday breakfast, lunch, or dinner, anywhere near the piers or union square let me know we'd love to meet you.


I'm planning to stay at my aunt's house in Granite Bay. I don't know how far away that is from where breakfast might be but I'd definitely enjoy it if we are close by.



Thanks and Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
C
craigoscarson
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
Since the game is Friday night, our family is staying at the Marriott Marquise for the weekend.. If any of you want to get together for Saturday breakfast, lunch, or dinner, anywhere near the piers or union square let me know we'd love to meet you.


I'm planning to stay at my aunt's house in Granite Bay. I don't know how far away that is from where breakfast might be but I'd definitely enjoy it if we are close by.



Thanks and Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


My family and my brothers family will be at Union Square just blocks from the game and piers. I'm in the process of making a Saturday itinerary but I will be sure to note where we're planning to be for breakfast, lunch, etc. so possibly we can catch up.



If anyone works in business or law in Salt Lake, you might be familiar with my brothers law firm. http://kunzlerlaw.com/meet-the-team/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; He came from Wilson-Sonsini so I'm sure he'll have good suggestions for what to do in San Fran Saturday.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
http://content.time.com/time/travel/cityguide/article/0,31489,1845230_1845056_1844984,00.html#map" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Looks like it's going to be Mama's for breakfast... I'm going to ask to reserve a table for 20 which gives us space for 10... but if only the Oscarsons show up that's still 9 and enough for them not to make a fuss if 10 more don't show.



http://www.mamas-sf.com/reviews.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Sounds like the critics think it's the #1 thing to do in san fran and Zagat and others think it's the best breakfast in America.


"Best breakfast in the city." "I was honestly blown away." "The eggs were perfectly poached, the breakfast potatoes were crispy in just the right way and the french toast was amazing." "It was definitely worth the wait!" "The cute country Mama's ambiance throughout the restaurant made you feel comfortable and right at home. The place definitely gave the cute, quaint, and country feel. The service was a delight." "This place is fantabulous! Everyone raves about Mama's french toast and for good reason. Whoever thought of using banana nut bread for french toast is a genius! If you're going for first time, don't narrow your options, try the French Toast Sampler (it comes with 3 different varieties) AND the Monte Cristo (you won't be disappointed)." "I am in heaven." "It was definitely worth the wait!"


This is where my brain is though.. Fresh Spinach & Dungeness Crab Benedict An unbelievably generous portion of sweet, steamed Dungeness crab piled high on a bed of perfectly sautéed spinach set on a warm, toasted English muffin, and topped with poached eggs and a buttery smooth hollandaise sauce.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.