Archived Topic

Wolrd Cup Draw Group

by SpiffCoug · 12/4/2009

Advertisement
K
kiwibacon
Joined. When does it start? I didn't read it too much. Will you post here when we can start making our picks?

Thanks. :)
S
SpiffCoug
The draw starts in an hour so I imagine we'll be able to start making our picks this afternoon.
M
Mars


This is soccer right? Okay, then I pick a 0-0 tie to end every game.

Good sport, soccer. Very entertaining. Fun to watch.



:P
S
snoscythe
I'm in, but someone is going to explain how the points, etc. work. I've never done any sort of fantasy soccer or soccer tourney pick-ems.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
I'm in, but someone is going to explain how the points, etc. work. I've never done any sort of fantasy soccer or soccer tourney pick-ems.


When a team puts the ball past the goalie and into the big metal rectangle with the net at the back, they score a point! :D Seriously though, you get 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, and zero for a loss. If tied with another team, then goal differential is the deciding factor (I think, someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
K
kiwibacon
...So England is in our group...if we advance as the 2nd team out of our group we most likely end up playing Germany...wish we were in Group B or F this WC.
B
BroncoBot
kiwibacon wrote:
...So England is in our group...if we advance as the 2nd team out of our group we most likely end up playing Germany...wish we were in Group B or F this WC.

If we can't beat em early, why would we beat them late. If USA can't get deep in the tourney without playing cupcakes what's the point?



Here's hoping we beat England, advance, and then beat Germany.
K
kiwibacon
declocoug wrote:
...So England is in our group...if we advance as the 2nd team out of our group we most likely end up playing Germany...wish we were in Group B or F this WC.

If we can't beat em early, why would we beat them late. If USA can't get deep in the tourney without playing cupcakes what's the point?



Here's hoping we beat England, advance, and then beat Germany.
I Agree with you...I was just hoping for a warm up game after the round robin. ;)
B
BroncoBot
kiwibacon wrote:
kiwibacon wrote:
...So England is in our group...if we advance as the 2nd team out of our group we most likely end up playing Germany...wish we were in Group B or F this WC.

If we can't beat em early, why would we beat them late. If USA can't get deep in the tourney without playing cupcakes what's the point?



Here's hoping we beat England, advance, and then beat Germany.
I Agree with you...I was just hoping for a warm up game after the round robin. ;)

Fair enough. I'm still just glad the US is making it to the WC consistently.
Advertisement
M
Metal Bubba
I don't do fantasy sports, but the World Cup is the grand daddy of all sporting events. I would rather go to the WC than to BYU or WF playing in the national championship game, the Panthers in the Super Bowl or any other sports scenario/fantasy you could imagine. It's one awesome spectacle.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.