Archived Topic

Bowl matchup ranked 15

by KYCoug · 12/10/2013

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I'm very surprised at the ESPN poll having the BYU game down to #17. I would beg to differ that the Oregon/Texas game would receive a #7 ranking. Based on...? Texas has actually been blown out in a few of their games this season. Oregon seemed unbeatable a month ago. Snoozer to me.



To me, all the games ESPN has ranked #7 to #17 could be interchangeable. I don't see any specific lustre to any above the other:

7. Valero Alamo Bowl, Dec. 30 (ESPN, 6:45 p.m. ET): No. 10 Oregon (10-2) vs. Texas (8-4)

8. Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, Jan. 1 (ESPN, 8:30 p.m. ET): No. 6 Baylor (11-1) vs. No. 15 Central Florida (11-1)

9. Outback Bowl, Jan. 1 (ESPN, 1 p.m. ET): No. 16 LSU (9-3) vs. Iowa (8-4)

10. TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl, Jan. 1 (ESPN2, noon ET): No. 22 Georgia (8-4) vs. Nebraska (8-4)

11. Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31 (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET): No. 21 Texas A&M (8-4) vs. No. 24 Duke (10-3)

12. Russell Athletic Bowl, Dec. 28 (ESPN, 6:45 p.m. ET): No. 18 Louisville (11-1) vs. Miami (9-3)

13. Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl, Dec. 21 (ABC, 3:30 p.m. ET): No. 20 Fresno State (11-1) vs. No. 25 USC (9-4)

14. Hyundai Sun Bowl, Dec. 31 (CBS, 2 p.m. ET): No. 17 UCLA (9-3) vs. Virginia Tech (8-4)

15. National University Holiday Bowl, Dec. 30 (ESPN, 10:15 p.m. ET): No. 14 Arizona State (10-3) vs. Texas Tech (7-5)

16. Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, Dec. 28 (ESPN, 10:15 p.m. ET): Michigan (7-5) vs. Kansas State (7-5)

17. Fight Hunger Bowl, Dec. 27 (ESPN, 9:30 p.m. ET): BYU (8-4) vs. Washington (8-4)



I'll stay inpartial to the BYU game which is a must see for me, but ranking those other ten (10) teams I'd go in this order of interest on my part:

#7 Fresno St vs. USC

#8 Baylor vs. UCF

#9 Texas A&M vs. Duke

#10 Oregon vs. Texas

The remainder six (6) games I'd watch if there were nothing else good on, but I have no more desire to see Michigan play KSU than ASU play Texas Tech, etc.



I do agree with his top six as I'd like to see all six of those games.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
In reading all 4 evaluations, it becomes evident that a lot that drives the ranking is the personal preference of the writer.



I'm a bit surprised that no one here has commented much on this tread to make note of what games they are driven more to see in their own personal rankings. Anyone out there these days?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.