Archived Topic

BYU v. Oregon St. in the Las Vegas Bowl

by timmyboy · 12/4/2009

Advertisement
T
timmyboy
I'm calling it now that Oregon St. lost to Oregon - the Las Vegas bowl will be BYU v. Oregon St. Because Oregon St. is going to end in a nasty tie for 2nd in the Pac-10 no matter what, and because Oregon St. is considered a weaker travel team for Bowl games, the Holiday bowl will pass on Oregon St., the Sun Bowl will keep their no-repeat clause, the Emerald Bowl will take a local team (Cal or Stanford), and the Vegas Bowl will jump at the chance to have a ranked Pac-10 team (around #23) in the game. Because Oregon St. would be a very different opponent for BYU than past Pac-10 opponents, the Las Vegas Bowl will use its common business sense and bring in BYU (again!) for a good ranked match-up with BYU filling most of the Oregon St. seats (a Utah v. Oregon St. match-up wouldn't fill the stadium).



Who's going?
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Remember, tho, USC and Cal are gonna have to get past Arizona and Washington for that to happen tho. (S'my guess as well, but stranger things...)
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Too many tho's. Hey, tho, it's late on the east coast, tho.
Y
Y&Brit
Good match up I suppose, I'm bored of the pac-10, I'd like to play another big 12, no possibility I guess
W
westidahocougar
Pac 10 is deep this year. We will for sure get a quality opponent. I worry that if we do play osu it could be a long long game.....



I would be thrilled to play them though. They have a great coach and good program.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
I
Italics
Oregon State is tough, they will be a challenge for us.



Well, you know, if we play them.
G
gmj81
Thing is too, if the LVB gets "stuck" with Oregon State as they have fifth pick and there's a log jam for second place, and if it's true what they say that they don't travel as well, then you'd think they'd want to be sure to pick BYU because they know that BYU will not only fill their allotment but OSU's too. I don't think the same could be said about the pukes. Especially since it's now below them to play in a non-BCS bowl.
M
Mars


Oregon State in the Bowl Las Vegas- Yes.

BYU in the Bowl Las Vegas- What makes you think that's a done deal?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.