Archived Topic

Bowl tickets

by craigoscarson · 12/7/2013

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
So we've got a count of who's going and who isn't from my family and I've got 4 extra tickets in section 130 Row 7 (behind the team bench... 6 rows from the absolute front) and I'm willing to sell them for face value (which I believe is $74 after box office fees etc.). Let me know if you're planning to go because you won't get better seats from the bowl, or BYU. I'd rather be sitting by BYU fans than throw them up on ebay and end up sitting by UW fans.
C
Cougarbib
Dang - guests coming to stay with us from Hawaii. Probably be poor form if I am gone when they get here.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jvquarterback
Wife's due for baby number 3 two days later so I'm waiting to buy them from someone else who overbought outside the stadium. If you've still got your tickets then send me a PM. I'll be looking for two tickets for my daughter and I.
C
craigoscarson
jvquarterback wrote:
Wife's due for baby number 3 two days later so I'm waiting to buy them from someone else who overbought outside the stadium. If you've still got your tickets then send me a PM. I'll be looking for two tickets for my daughter and I.


Apparently they prosecute in San Fran for scalping (according to the Fresno guys coming with us to the game), so I'd be careful buying tickets outside the stadium, plus people counterfeit tix and if your bar code has already been scanned you're out of luck.
J
jvquarterback
craigoscarson wrote:
Wife's due for baby number 3 two days later so I'm waiting to buy them from someone else who overbought outside the stadium. If you've still got your tickets then send me a PM. I'll be looking for two tickets for my daughter and I.


Apparently they prosecute in San Fran for scalping (according to the Fresno guys coming with us to the game), so I'd be careful buying tickets outside the stadium, plus people counterfeit tix and if your bar code has already been scanned you're out of luck.


There's a sign at ATT posted by the Giants saying the city can prosecute both buyer and seller but the part about prosecuting the buyer is a lie and according to several articles there have been no prosecutions of sellers either. Also the law isn't for scalping it's for selling anything on the streets in the city without a license. A law which is never enforced.



Just have to know where to go - which is anywhere around ATT -including right in front of the sign that says the city can prosecute for scalping on public property. It's a classic move to inhibit competition by the Giants. So don't worry about selling those tickets to a scalper for $5 apiece if you still have them come game time. Or you could sell them to me for my 5 year old's first BYU game for $5 each ;).
Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
I have some interest but need to verify my level of interest with my wife. I've tried to send a pm to you twice but both times it has just remained in my outbox and apparently not sent. If you still have some will you pm me with a more direct way to contact you (e-mail or text) and I can try to do some persuading with my wife to let me make the drive from Ammon, ID to San Fran in the winter.



Thanks,

J. Child

Ammon, ID
C
craigoscarson
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
I have some interest but need to verify my level of interest with my wife. I've tried to send a pm to you twice but both times it has just remained in my outbox and apparently not sent. If you still have some will you pm me with a more direct way to contact you (e-mail or text) and I can try to do some persuading with my wife to let me make the drive from Ammon, ID to San Fran in the winter.



Thanks,

J. Child

Ammon, ID


I bought 24 tickets from row 1 to row 7 in section 130. My cost was $74 each and I have kept half for family. So far I have 4 available not allocated and I have 8 on stubhub (mostly going for double the face value.. but I'm also concerned they're UW fans and I would much rather sit with Byu fans. Obviously the front row seats are gone but I have row 7 tickets available. I'd even be willing to pull the tickets off stubhub and break even rather than profit if I know the tickets are going to BYU fans. (These seats are better than anything the Cougarclub can offer). Good seats are now gone unless you want to pay through the roof and I'm more than willing to hook up a cougarcorner member. I don't travel to bowl games and then sit in the nosebleeds, it's as close to the action or I don't go.. in this case I was lucky that the fight hunger bowl offered tickets on the day BYU got eligible... very rare usually the brokers are 1st in (sat front row for 96 Cotton Bowl, Liberty Bowl, Oklahoma game, and had Charles Abouos tickets for every NCAA tourney game that Jimmer played in.)
G
Guest
I decided not to go to the bowl game this year, my travel to Virginia wiped out my BYU travel funds this year, though I came close to convincing the LadyHawk that this was a much needed trip. Good luck finding a good CougarCornerian to share the tickets with.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.