Archived Topic

Boise State Coaching opportunities

by hawkwing · 12/6/2013

Advertisement
G
Guest
I have to admit that I laugh to myself when I see Boise State fans en masse calling for Kellen Moore to be the next head coach at Boise State. I think this shows the young nature of the fan base and their inexperience with what it takes to be a coach.
S
snoscythe
Kliff Kingsbury is the exception, not the norm, and he had 5 years experience in college coaching, not to mention 5 years in the NFL.



Although I frequently fantasize about the Utes making Brian Johnson their head coach.
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:
I have to admit that I laugh to myself when I see Boise State fans en masse calling for Kellen Moore to be the next head coach at Boise State. I think this shows the young nature of the fan base and their inexperience with what it takes to be a coach.


Well, since BYU fans call for Ty Detmer every time a coaching position opens up here, how can you blame them for wanting their version of Ty to come coach for them.
S
Schmoe
frdbtr wrote:
I have to admit that I laugh to myself when I see Boise State fans en masse calling for Kellen Moore to be the next head coach at Boise State. I think this shows the young nature of the fan base and their inexperience with what it takes to be a coach.


Well, since BYU fans call for Ty Detmer every time a coaching position opens up here, how can you blame them for wanting their version of Ty to come coach for them.


Were BYU fans calling for Ty two years after he finished college?
F
frdbtr
Schmoe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
I have to admit that I laugh to myself when I see Boise State fans en masse calling for Kellen Moore to be the next head coach at Boise State. I think this shows the young nature of the fan base and their inexperience with what it takes to be a coach.


Well, since BYU fans call for Ty Detmer every time a coaching position opens up here, how can you blame them for wanting their version of Ty to come coach for them.


Were BYU fans calling for Ty two years after he finished college?


No, but I know they were calling for him when Chow left, and frankly if Lavell had retired 2 years after he left, they might have.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
So, after Ty had been with four NFL teams in seven years, people thought he'd make a good OC. I don't see how that is even remotely the same as one and a half years to HC.
V
vancouvercougar
snoscythe wrote:
Kliff Kingsbury is the exception, not the norm, and he had 5 years experience in college coaching, not to mention 5 years in the NFL.



Although I frequently fantasize about the Utes making Brian Johnson their head coach.


I fantasize about Lane Kiffen coaching the Utes.
C
Cougarbib
Schmoe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
I have to admit that I laugh to myself when I see Boise State fans en masse calling for Kellen Moore to be the next head coach at Boise State. I think this shows the young nature of the fan base and their inexperience with what it takes to be a coach.


Well, since BYU fans call for Ty Detmer every time a coaching position opens up here, how can you blame them for wanting their version of Ty to come coach for them.


Were BYU fans calling for Ty two years after he finished college?


Two years after he finished college. ;)



Ok - it wasn't until LaVell got tired of fans calling for his head in 2000 and retired.



Bronco would be a great hire for BSU. Hopefully and also likely, it does not happen.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
ChiTownCOUG
Giant blow to that program and a lot of hard years for them to come...can't say iam sad about it that fan base is full of nut jobs..
B
BerliNY
ChiTownCOUG wrote:
Giant blow to that program and a lot of hard years for them to come...can't say iam sad about it that fan base is full of nut jobs..


At BYU we're a spoiled fanbase, but Boise State fans make us look like Oliver Twist. I think we're about to find out whether the donks fans are fairweather band-wagoners or not.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Boise State will get a decent enough coach and if they get smart and go back to the traditional scheduling practice of eating cake 10 or 11 games per year, he will look pretty good. The problem is they are in the MWC and their is no WAC. BSU conference competition will reduce the cake slightly. If they continue to stretch OOC, they will get exposed.



BYU has an opportunity to go on a bit of a run and hopefully having fixed the 0-3 issue this year, get to 2-3 and 3-3 vs The Stepping Stone State Broncos.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
The highest position I've ever seen any BYU call for Ty Detmer was OC,and then most reasonable fans shut them down. BSU fans are calling for KM to be the HEAD coach!
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
The highest position I've ever seen any BYU call for Ty Detmer was OC,and then most reasonable fans shut them down. BSU fans are calling for KM to be the HEAD coach!


I will not be a big BSU fan until sometime after BYU evens the score with them. So it would be ok by me if they make Kellen Moore Head Coach and Blue is Better Defensive Coordinator and try to school us on the Blue Turf sporting that power duo.



;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
Ungoy
The only position I considered Ty for was QB coach, which I think he would excel at.



BSU fans are delusional if they think Kellen Moore has the gusto to be head coach right now. If BSU took that bet, they'd shortly thereafter tank into oblivion.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.