B
byufan4everI wanted to compare how this year's players performance compare to that of the legendary Jimmer. So I took my same formula and applied it to Jimmer's senior season:
Jimmer.PNG
I have to say that I'm only somewhat surprised that Jimmer's average PER only came in at 23.56. For reference, our top 3 this season are:
Kyle Collinsworth 21.75
Tyler Haws 19.21
Matt Carlino 18.78
While Jimmer had some amazing games he also had some woeful peformances. Not due to lack of scoring, but lots of missed shots and TOs. Either he was a ballhog or no one else really stepped up. I am not trying to diminish Jimmer's legacy at all. I just wanted to see how our current players stacked up against him and let the stats speak. Stats don't tell the whole story, but they do tell part of it. Circumstances like a depleted roster with injuries and suspensions have to be taken into account. I also remember Jimmer being hacked on his way to the basket every single time in MWC play and even though the stats show that he got a lot of FTA I bet he could have had double.
Jimmer.PNG
I have to say that I'm only somewhat surprised that Jimmer's average PER only came in at 23.56. For reference, our top 3 this season are:
Kyle Collinsworth 21.75
Tyler Haws 19.21
Matt Carlino 18.78
While Jimmer had some amazing games he also had some woeful peformances. Not due to lack of scoring, but lots of missed shots and TOs. Either he was a ballhog or no one else really stepped up. I am not trying to diminish Jimmer's legacy at all. I just wanted to see how our current players stacked up against him and let the stats speak. Stats don't tell the whole story, but they do tell part of it. Circumstances like a depleted roster with injuries and suspensions have to be taken into account. I also remember Jimmer being hacked on his way to the basket every single time in MWC play and even though the stats show that he got a lot of FTA I bet he could have had double.

