Archived Topic

Time to raid a couple Boise recruits...

by craigoscarson · 12/6/2013

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Chris Petersen gone... how could the 3 star recruits want to stay? Disrupt Boise State recruiting right now and retake the intermountain west as BYU propriety... No time like the present as they're on our future schedules. Maybe there's even a missionary or two in the field right now wondering what they're going to do when they get home...



http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player?id=178604&action=upsell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/189901/kekoa-nawahine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
B
BerliNY
Hadn't thought about the recruiting aspect of this, good call, maybe Taysom can visit with some talented friends-of-friends in ID over the Christmas break.
S
snoscythe
Anyone know if Tanner Shipley went/is going on a mission?
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I'm not on the band wagon that Chris Peterson was the reason for all of Boise's success. Hawkins had started the whole show and Coach Peterson kept it on track. I place CP as one of the greatest coaches out there because I believe he has ability and integrity. Hawkins failed away from the Boise model and it will be interesting if CP has equal success at UW. I believe Boise continues on as a quality program.
B
BerliNY
EM_Puma wrote:
I'm not on the band wagon that Chris Peterson was the reason for all of Boise's success. Hawkins had started the whole show and Coach Peterson kept it on track. I place CP as one of the greatest coaches out there because I believe he has ability and integrity. Hawkins failed away from the Boise model and it will be interesting if CP has equal success at UW. I believe Boise continues on as a quality program.


They certainly have a lot of community support and they've had plenty of high-profile wins over the last 10 years but they were down this year and if the AD makes a bad choice for the new HC, things could get ugly in a hurry.
M
mtnradio
I have tons of respect for CP. When he came in there were few who really believed he could continue what Hawkins started. I think CP was better. And, with his integrity and intensity, I suspect he'll do great things at UW. Meanwhile, the folks with the smurf turf have their job cut out for them right now ... LOTS of challenges for the next guy to, and expectations are high.
F
frdbtr
Hawkins had great success at Boise state but he didn't hit highs even close to what Peterson has done. Peterson won the Fiesta bowl against Oklahoma his rookie coaching year and it only got better from there. He can definately coach. UW just pulled a huge coup to get him.
A
AmmonCougar1
BerliNY wrote:
TH needs to be in his home:



http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6728034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Nice, even attends the same HS as Hill.




Also Gatorade player of the year for Idaho 5A...AS A JUNIOR! http://www.localnews8.com/video/Highland-s-Hoge-wins-Gatorade-POY/-/461276/23348094/-/10b0loyz/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;





Don't know much more except it seems we should have an offer to him already!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
NDCougar wrote:
TH needs to be in his home:



http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6728034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Nice, even attends the same HS as Hill.




Also Gatorade player of the year for Idaho 5A...AS A JUNIOR! http://www.localnews8.com/video/Highland-s-Hoge-wins-Gatorade-POY/-/461276/23348094/-/10b0loyz/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;





Don't know much more except it seems we should have an offer to him already!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID




We have offered and he's already been on campus several times. We're just not at the top of his list. Not sure what it would take to change that.
N
NDCougar
craigoscarson wrote:
BerliNY wrote:
TH needs to be in his home:



http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6728034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Nice, even attends the same HS as Hill.




Also Gatorade player of the year for Idaho 5A...AS A JUNIOR! http://www.localnews8.com/video/Highland-s-Hoge-wins-Gatorade-POY/-/461276/23348094/-/10b0loyz/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;





Don't know much more except it seems we should have an offer to him already!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID




We have offered and he's already been on campus several times. We're just not at the top of his list. Not sure what it would take to change that.


Wow, Hoge commited to ND (good for one of my teams). Did not expect him to commit so early and expected BYU to get a better look. I am hearing BYU was never really considered, too bad and annoying (we need every LDS kid we can get, BYU did not even get mentioned).



http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Tristen-Hoge-Commits-To-Notre-Dame-Fighting-Irish-164843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
Sammich
Our o-line recruiting has not been great recently.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.