Archived Topic

Anyone else watching OSU-OU

by snoscythe · 12/4/2009

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Anyone else watching the OSU-OU game going insane listening to Jesse Palmer fawn over how good OSU's starting left tackle must be to start at LT as a freshman? He continues to remind us just how rare it is for a LT to start in the PAC-10 and how special this kid must be. Thing is, OSU has a left-handed quarterback, so the significance of him starting is equivalent to most teams RTs.



If it was a one-time thing I could overlook it--but he keeps harping on the freshman LT. Then there was the UNR--BSU game last week where he used freeze-frame to show how much penetration BSU's D-line was getting against the UNR O-line. The penetration was impressive, but primarily because UNR was running a screen play and the O-Line was deliberately releasing to pick up downfield blocking.



I am really starting to wonder about this guy's intelligence. How do you get to be the color guy with such chronic misunderstandings of basic football.
C
craigoscarson
I am really starting to wonder about this guy's intelligence. How do you get to be the color guy with such chronic misunderstandings of basic football.


[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1l2KDneyA54&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1l2KDneyA54&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
G
GolfDiveNCougs
In answer to the title of the thread, yes (which just proves my own lack of sense, seeing as I live on the east coast, and need to be up in under 6 hours, and, who am I kidding, yes, I'm gonna end up staying up for the rest of it).



In answer to the message of the message (intentional), sure, Palmer's a tool. Naw, I don't think he's that incompetent. He's just like anybody else on tv (think news), who takes a situation completely out of context to make himself sound smart, or further his own agenda. I doubt he cares it was a screen play. Most of his viewership doesn't know that, and thinks, "Hmm. Interesting to know." The stupid ones think, "Wow. That guy knows his football." Meh. He's been the first to tout BYU this year when it made him sound smarter, and he's been the first to crucify BYU when it made him sound smarter.



MY thought regarding the game, is, umm, I'm very nervous if we play Oregon State. The only reason Oregon's made this a game is because they have been able to make defensive adjustments (which we're either unable or unwilling to do), and their defense looks like they can cover short and screens, which is our bread and butter.



Like I said before, no matter who it is, I think we'll get all we can handle from the "number five" Pac-10 team, and I sure hope it's not more!
C
craigoscarson
Since we're watching a Pac 10 game; I figured we could celebrate the most decorated athlete in Pac 10 history and what he's doing to his legacy...



http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/oGyQ4vFxxHUoKPyv



http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/The_Tree.JPG" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Yup watching the game. My wife asked why can't the Samoans and Tongans form their own team? It would seem that Hawaii would be the logical place for that but they don't go there in large numbers. Why can't BYU be the team? How good of a team would it be if you got their best talent?
Advertisement
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Well, boys, I think we've just seen who we're gonna play in our bowl game. Hopefully they're as unable to stop Harvey, and are also as unable to make 2nd half adjustments. If the Beavers from the 1st half show up in Vegas, and stick around for both halves, could be a long one.
C
craigoscarson
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
In answer to the title of the thread, yes (which just proves my own lack of sense, seeing as I live on the east coast, and need to be up in under 6 hours, and, who am I kidding, yes, I'm gonna end up staying up for the rest of it).



In answer to the message of the message (intentional), sure, Palmer's a tool. Naw, I don't think he's that incompetent. He's just like anybody else on tv (think news), who takes a situation completely out of context to make himself sound smart, or further his own agenda. I doubt he cares it was a screen play. Most of his viewership doesn't know that, and thinks, "Hmm. Interesting to know." The stupid ones think, "Wow. That guy knows his football." Meh. He's been the first to tout BYU this year when it made him sound smarter, and he's been the first to crucify BYU when it made him sound smarter.



MY thought regarding the game, is, umm, I'm very nervous if we play Oregon State. The only reason Oregon's made this a game is because they have been able to make defensive adjustments (which we're either unable or unwilling to do), and their defense looks like they can cover short and screens, which is our bread and butter.



Like I said before, no matter who it is, I think we'll get all we can handle from the "number five" Pac-10 team, and I sure hope it's not more!


We beat a Utah team that nearly beat Oregon on the road and gave the Ducks at least as much of a game as Oregon State.

However, if our aerial attack is as impotent as it was against Utah, it could be a long day. Regardless, I think the team and the fans are looking forward to this one.

I had a long time getting interested in Arizona last year and I think the team did too.





On another note: was there really a good reason for Jesse Palmer to be wearing gloves during the broadcast?
B
byutx
I can't wait to watch the Ducks hang 50 points on Ohio State.
C
CAFB_04-12
So, what does this mean if BSU doesn't get a BCS bowl but Oregon does?



Does this mean Oregon St will be the likely Vegas Bowl offering from the PAC-10?
G
GolfDiveNCougs
craigoscarson wrote:
Regardless, I think the team and the fans are looking forward to this one.

I had a long time getting interested in Arizona last year and I think the team did too.
Hope you're right, afterall, we all know that we killed Oregon in Vegas because we were invested and it was beneath them, and we got as good as killed by Arizona there for the same reasons.



Something tells me, though, that Oregon State doesn't really foster the whole "beneath me" attitude. They're kinda like Jake Schoff. They work for what they get.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
So, what does this mean if BSU doesn't get a BCS bowl but Oregon does?



Does this mean Oregon St will be the likely Vegas Bowl offering from the PAC-10?


No if; Oregon goes to the Rose Bowl and the rest of the Pac 10 gets shut out. This is the ideal situation for Boise State thus far. They did not want to see Oregon State win and somewhow risk Oregon being considered also.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.