Archived Topic

Do These Teams Have Anything Left To Play For?

by Cougarbib · 12/5/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
I already asked this about Alabama who did not even win its Division, let alone conference or NC in another thread.



As a favor to Blue is Better, I decided not to make a new thread every time I think of another team with nothing left to play for - I mean other than pride and duty and legacy and rankings and recruiting and NFL showcasing and loyalty and momentum and development going Iinto next year.



Feel free to add your own candidates and comments all in one thread to keep Blue happy.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Notre Dame. No NC. No BCS Bowl. And no Conference Championship other than imaginary Independents Conference.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
TCU - no explanation needed.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Utah - put a fork in them - they are done.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Boise State. Did not win their Division. No Conference Championship. No BCS Bowl. Unranked.



I guess they can fight to keep their coach.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
UW

No Division Championship.

No PAC 12 Championship

No Rosebowl

No BCS Bowl

No NC



No Coach



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
craigoscarson
Man, it's football. The one sport that when you're done playing, you're pretty much done playing. Everyone has something to play for. Well except for Utah... I guess I should say everyone that still has games left has something to play for ;)



Pride (personal, team, and program) and love of the game.... always worth playing for.
M
Mingjai
Go NAVY. Beat ARMY.
C
Cougarbib
BYU



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
NDCougar
craigoscarson wrote:
Man, it's football. The one sport that when you're done playing, you're pretty much done playing. Everyone has something to play for. Well except for Utah... I guess I should say everyone that still has games left has something to play for ;)



Pride (personal, team, and program) and love of the game.... always worth playing for.


+1. Based on criteria in other posts really no one has anything to play for. Most schools are out of NC contention or BCS contention. Teams should play for pride and for the love of the game.



If teams can't show up and play with passion we should scrap bowl season and just play the playoff.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
The California Atoms
I
imuakahuku
I've always had one thought. Play to win. If you not there to play to win go join some rec league that doesn't keep score. :angry:
S
SpiffCoug
Mingjai wrote:
Go NAVY. Beat ARMY.

This kind of vulgarity will not be tolerated on the board.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.