Archived Topic

basketball Prediction Game Issues

by Cougarbib · 12/2/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
At first, I was going to make a humerous comment about The Bibster amazingly leading both the football prediction game and the basketball prediction game for the 3rd or 4th week in a row.



By admitting that it is kind of an accident that I lead the basketball polk and that I expect someone that spends more time on that game to overtake me soon.



Part of the accident is that only about 10 people take basketball seriously enough to make a prediction every game while football is still ib play. Then, they are 8 or 10 games behind. Hint. Default predictions keep yo y from getting a zero when you forget to predict a game. Bailed me out at least twice.



Gunk has the highest weekly average - by far. But apparently only predicted one game.



Anyway, if the guys nipping at my heels could agree to take a zero or two gor the Bibster, maybe I could hold onto the lead.



More seriously - and at the risk of offending Blue is Better by mentioni g that I use a Galaxy Note II - providing this detail to help Hawk debug -



When I click back to USU to see how I did - to help refine future predictions - 1/3 of the way down, the questions start reading from the fiotball poll. Rushing yards. Passing yards, etc. The numbers seem to be the basketball numbers without decimals. But the which player will get the most assists, etc. Not only have football questions instead, but numbers instead of names for answers.



This is not intended as criticism of the site. Just trying to help.
G
Guest
Don't worry, I don't take bug reports or feedback on how to improve the site as criticism. I gladly welcome any and all feedback that will make the site better.
S
SpiffCoug
Heck no! I'm not taking a ZERO for the Bibster! I want to WIN!



I am usually the one to input the numbers. It's possible I simply didn't input the decimals.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
Heck no! I'm not taking a ZERO for the Bibster! I want to WIN!



I am usually the one to input the numbers. It's possible I simply didn't input the decimals.




The labels say things like passing yards and rushing yards.



But only when I look back to the previous game. I only kooked at USU. I did not look further back.



The upcoming game looks fine.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I just checked USU on my phone, a HTC OneX and it was fine. Can you check again, Bib, to see if it's still a problem and do a refresh. It could have been a momentary glitch.



If it's still a problem, what browser are you using?
Advertisement
S
scott715
I have had that issue too when I switch betweent the two games. I just go back to the main menu and choose which one I want to see and it works fine then.



Bib you are right about the zeros. I missed the first game with Webber. Take that game out and I would be in front of you.
C
Cougs_Rule
By the way Bib, kudos to you to be leading in both!

However, I have to say, (did you really think i could genuine for more than one sentance?) :-) either you are a sports genious, in more than just your own mind or you simply have too much time on your hands. Why don't you cut our hair, give up the sweet weed and go forth to serve? ;-)
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
By the way Bib, kudos to you to be leading in both!

However, I have to say, (did you really think i could genuine for more than one sentance?) :-) either you are a sports genious, in more than just your own mind or you simply have too much time on your hands. Why don't you cut our hair, give up the sweet weed and go forth to serve? ;-)


Funny you should mention that. I just found another $4.99 Coupon for Great Clips in the mail. Not quite the bargain as the free cut they give when a fan makes a FG at halftime at LES. But yeah. Haircut tomorrow. Halfway there.



The basketball supremecy is mainly due to lack of competitors early in the season - and approaching it without goggles.



The football one - I owe a great deal to Spiff - but wait, he shares that data with everyone.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
I have had that issue too when I switch betweent the two games. I just go back to the main menu and choose which one I want to see and it works fine then.



Bib you are right about the zeros. I missed the first game with Webber. Take that game out and I would be in front of you.


You will soon catch me unless Spiff starts sharing BB stats for BYU and opponents like he does in football.



I should also thank KC - I bet on him when others thought he had terrible ball handling skills and could not finish shots.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
Cougarbib wrote:
By the way Bib, kudos to you to be leading in both!

However, I have to say, (did you really think i could genuine for more than one sentance?) :-) either you are a sports genious, in more than just your own mind or you simply have too much time on your hands. Why don't you cut our hair, give up the sweet weed and go forth to serve? ;-)


Funny you should mention that. I just found another $4.99 Coupon for Great Clips in the mail. Not quite the bargain as the free cut they give when a fan makes a FG at halftime at LES. But yeah. Haircut tomorrow. Halfway there.



The basketball supremecy is mainly due to lack of competitors early in the season - and approaching it without goggles.



The football one - I owe a great deal to Spiff - but wait, he shares that data with everyone.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Ouch! Those of us who have been playing just got Bib-Slapped.



:angry: ;)
Advertisement
B
BYULV
P.s. I love the new UofU BBall logo on the prediction page, classic!
G
Guest
BYULV wrote:
P.s. I love the new UofU BBall logo on the prediction page, classic!

Thanks, I take great pride in choosing that logo.
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:
By the way Bib, kudos to you to be leading in both!

However, I have to say, (did you really think i could genuine for more than one sentance?) :-) either you are a sports genious, in more than just your own mind or you simply have too much time on your hands. Why don't you cut our hair, give up the sweet weed and go forth to serve? ;-)


Funny you should mention that. I just found another $4.99 Coupon for Great Clips in the mail. Not quite the bargain as the free cut they give when a fan makes a FG at halftime at LES. But yeah. Haircut tomorrow. Halfway there.



The basketball supremecy is mainly due to lack of competitors early in the season - and approaching it without goggles.



The football one - I owe a great deal to Spiff - but wait, he shares that data with everyone.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Ouch! Those of us who have been playing just got Bib-Slapped.



:angry: ;)


Hope nobody really took it that way. I worded it poorly. What I meant is thete seems to only be about 1/3 as many participants as in the football pool and several missed out on 1 or more games. At least one would already be ahead of me, but missed the first game.



So there really are not many who got a prediction in for every game and anyone that jumps in now will be way behind. But even with all of those odds stacked in my favor, I expect to be passed by very soon. Maybe tomorrow.



Quality of competitors over here in BB is good - just not many in the pool.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
I just checked USU on my phone, a HTC OneX and it was fine. Can you check again, Bib, to see if it's still a problem and do a refresh. It could have been a momentary glitch.



If it's still a problem, what browser are you using?


Still doing it. Not sure what browser. I just click the internet button. It did not ask what browser I wanted. Can't find a setting. I tried logging off and back on. I will try restarting phone next.



It does the same thing with Witchita State. Seems to throw me into the football pool even though we did not play them in football.
C
Cougarbib
Cougarbib wrote:
I just checked USU on my phone, a HTC OneX and it was fine. Can you check again, Bib, to see if it's still a problem and do a refresh. It could have been a momentary glitch.



If it's still a problem, what browser are you using?


Still doing it. Not sure what browser. I just click the internet button. It did not ask what browser I wanted. Can't find a setting. I tried logging off and back on. I will try restarting phone next.



It does the same thing with Witchita State. Seems to throw me into the football pool even though we did not play them in football.


Restarting my phone did not fix it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
Describe your process to get there from the main page, what links do you click on.
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Describe your process to get there from the main page, what links do you click on.

I click Board Index

At that page, I scroll down to the bottom and click basketball prediction game

At that point, all former games are no longer visible, so I click on N Texas dash in Cougarbib column.

That correctly opens up that game with correct labels

Then I go to the top and click on N Texas game name and get a drop down list of all games

I scroll up and click on USU and then click View



This is the only way I know how to access The BB Prediction Game.



Bib



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Thanks, I found the issue and corrected it. You may need to refresh, but it should work now.
G
Guest
Another way you can move around in the Basketball Prediction game, is to go into the Basketball Prediction game, then, above the table of players and games, you'll see links with month names, like November, December. You can click on a month to see the games for that month.
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Thanks, I found the issue and corrected it. You may need to refresh, but it should work now.


Shoulda coulda woulda does.



It does work. Fixed it.



Mahalo Nui Loa



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.