Archived Topic

Good call Austin...

by BroncoBot · 11/27/2013

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
"Jason King @JasonKingESPN



Just saw BYUs Nate Austin approach WSUs Ron Baker in bowels of Sprint Center to apologize for the flagrant foul "



Thanks for doing your part to keep BYU "holier than thou".

:evil:



Seriously though, glad Austin apologized. In slo mo it looked like he about took Baker's head off.
B
Brayden Green
It shouldn't have been a flagrant 2. The guy dipped down and austin went for a hard box out. If you mix that with being uncoordinated, you get that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
BlueIsBetter wrote:
It shouldn't have been a flagrant 2. The guy dipped down and austin went for a hard box out. If you mix that with being uncoordinated, you get that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


In this case, I am going to Simply and Totally agree.



Also - back to OP - Austin also tried to apologize and help him up on the floor.
S
SpiffCoug
I know the commentators mentioned that the hit him with the elbow and then swung a second time. I think the swing was because the guy dropped and Austin lost his balance.



But that's what Nate gets for boxing out with his elbows. Sometimes you're boxing out a guy much smaller and the elbows get up too high -even though they're not any higher than normal.



Glad to see he immediately apologized.



Barker is also lucky that Austin wears those elbow pads, otherwise he'd have needed a few stitches.
B
BroncoBot
Agree with spiff, you don't boxout with elbows, unless you want to get fouls called on you. Which seems to be Nate Austin's MO. Clumsy move that cost BYU a few points and lost the game basically at that point. And even if it wasn't malicious (which I don't think it was) I appreciate the sportsmanship.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
BroncoBot wrote:
Agree with spiff, you don't boxout with elbows, unless you want to get fouls called on you. Which seems to be Nate Austin's MO. Clumsy move that cost BYU a few points and lost the game basically at that point. And even if it wasn't malicious (which I don't think it was) I appreciate the sportsmanship.




The game was already lost.
K
KYCoug
Ya lead with your head against a taller guy and that's what happens in the flow of a rebound. I suppose they had to call that a F2...all I can say after watching him mug Haws a couple of times with no call is it couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy. I'm sure I'll need to repent of that attitude...maybe next week. :evil:
B
BroncoBot
Cougarbib wrote:
Agree with spiff, you don't boxout with elbows, unless you want to get fouls called on you. Which seems to be Nate Austin's MO. Clumsy move that cost BYU a few points and lost the game basically at that point. And even if it wasn't malicious (which I don't think it was) I appreciate the sportsmanship.




The game was already lost.

Eh, disagree. BYU still had time. Could have hit a few shots, got some stops, and.... who knows. They were down by 6 with 45 seconds and WS had just missed a shot (of course this looked to be rebounded by WSU). But that iced it.
C
Cougarbib
BroncoBot wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
Agree with spiff, you don't boxout with elbows, unless you want to get fouls called on you. Which seems to be Nate Austin's MO. Clumsy move that cost BYU a few points and lost the game basically at that point. And even if it wasn't malicious (which I don't think it was) I appreciate the sportsmanship.




The game was already lost.

Eh, disagree. BYU still had time. Could have hit a few shots, got some stops, and.... who knows. They were down by 6 with 45 seconds and WS had just missed a shot (of course this looked to be rebounded by WSU). But that iced it.


I was right with you until the part about



Coulda Made Some Shots



I am not sure they coulda made the shots.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Touche.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Cougarbib wrote:
Agree with spiff, you don't boxout with elbows, unless you want to get fouls called on you. Which seems to be Nate Austin's MO. Clumsy move that cost BYU a few points and lost the game basically at that point. And even if it wasn't malicious (which I don't think it was) I appreciate the sportsmanship.




The game was already lost.


Yes. Very improbable possibility moved to impossibility.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.