Archived Topic

Wichita St Fans are Whiners

by byufan4ever · 11/27/2013

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Was at the game. Their fans complained about every single call all game long. They thought everything was a travel. That's it.
B
BroncoBot
byufan4ever wrote:
Was at the game. Their fans complained about every single call all game long. They thought everything was a travel. That's it.

Eh, it's what fans do. Did you see the whining on here after the Iowa state game? Ha ha.
S
snoscythe
Whatever you do, don't read the game thread on here! ;)
C
Cougs_Rule
Pots and kettles.
S
SpiffCoug
This can't be true. I thought BYU fans were the only fan base that whines about officiating?



You mean EVERY fan base does it? Weird.



What it shows is how frustrating inconsistent officiating is. When your team (Wichita St) is allowed to get away with stuff, fans get upset when the refs do call a foul, because the fans see all the calls they didn't make, so why make that one? And the other team (BYU) is frustrated because they can't get away with it.
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
I'm not a professional referee. My stint at calling basketball games goes back many years to when some guys asked me to ref a short little pick up game in the Smith Fieldhouse on one of the basketball courts there. In fact, it might have been the same court our student Ward used for Sacrament Mtg. Anyway, it was about the most miserable 30 minutes of my life! I know the professional refs are trained and have many years of experience. But that short little experience of mine taught me that there is no way the human eye can see everything at once while at the same time being yelled at and abused by people you have never seen before. Personally, I would be shocked if the refs got it right even 50% of the time.
B
BerliNY
1967cougar wrote:
I'm not a professional referee. My stint at calling basketball games goes back many years to when some guys asked me to ref a short little pick up game in the Smith Fieldhouse on one of the basketball courts there. In fact, it might have been the same court our student Ward used for Sacrament Mtg. Anyway, it was about the most miserable 30 minutes of my life! I know the professional refs are trained and have many years of experience. But that short little experience of mine taught me that there is no way the human eye can see everything at once while at the same time being yelled at and abused by people you have never seen before. Personally, I would be shocked if the refs got it right even 50% of the time.


Word.



Have you ever, EVER, and I mean E-V-E-R heard a coach say "you know I thought the refs called a great game today" during the postgame?



If anyone can think of a more visible and more thankless job than being a ref, I'd like to hear it.



That said, the refs last night sucked.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.