Archived Topic

Why didn't we play more zone vs USU?

by Short_Change · 12/3/2009

Advertisement
S
Short_Change
USU sets a lot of picks and they were getting wide open shots. If I were coach Rose I would have switched up the defense and played some zone. Why didn't we?
S
SpiffCoug
I think it would have been worth the try. Especially since Utah St's bigs were moving on every screen they set. Especially on Medlin's 2nd three in the 2nd half. He slid over, and took a step to completely take Emery out of the play.
S
Short_Change
kitic77 wrote:
I think it would have been worth the try. Especially since Utah St's bigs were moving on every screen they set. Especially on Medlin's 2nd three in the 2nd half. He slid over, and took a step to completely take Emery out of the play.


True. The ref's called the moving screen a couple of times and then it seemed like they were just sick of calling it or something. We definitely needed to make an adjustment though instead of leaving the game in the hands of the refs. It didn't help that we weren't taking good shots either.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.