Archived Topic

ridiculous

by BroncoBot · 11/21/2013

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
From Greg W.



"Dave Rose tells us in postgame interview that Eric Mika is headed to the hospital for a scan on his injured eye/orbital area."



I wouldn't mind seeing that thug watch about 5 games after that stupid act. Putting someone's vision on the line is unacceptable.



Where's Bronson to kick some corn fed #%^ when we need him.
C
Cougs_Rule
BroncoBot wrote:
From Greg W.



"Dave Rose tells us in postgame interview that Eric Mika is headed to the hospital for a scan on his injured eye/orbital area."



I wouldn't mind seeing that thug watch about 5 games after that stupid act. Putting someone's vision on the line is unacceptable.


Amen! Let's see if the NCAA has any backbone!
G
Gunk
Iowa was classless, between grabbing Mika's face, pretending to be hit in the face and giving BYU students the bird, I have no respect for them. I don't care that it's better for BYU they win out, I hope they lose every game the rest of season.
B
BroncoBot
Gunk wrote:
Iowa was classless, between grabbing Mika's face, pretending to be hit in the face and giving BYU students the bird, I have no respect for them. I don't care that it's better for BYU they win out, I hope they lose every game the rest of season.

Hate to agree with you, but they were about as classless as they come.
J
JayhawkCoug
I started hating ISU last year when KU owned them at their house and their fans were the sorest losers I have ever seen. One fan (a middle aged booster, even) tried to rush the court to assault Bill Self post game. The game today reaffirmed my dislike with their bush league play. The cheap foul to Mika, and flipping the bird to the student section, are two huge douche bag moves. I cannot wait for KU to roll them and shut their fan base up.
Advertisement
D
drewthehoop
Heres a screen shot of the foul. Clearly did not go for the ball. In the replay you can see that the ball was never even above his waist, so there as absolutely no play on the ball.
S
SpiffCoug
Yep, just a complete thug move. I wish in cases like this, where a opponent deliberately injures another player - that player is suspended for as long as the the injured player is out.



This would be a rule for all sports.
B
bigbluepuma
SpiffCoug wrote:
Yep, just a complete thug move. I wish in cases like this, where a opponent deliberately injures another player - that player is suspended for as long as the the injured player is out.



This would be a rule for all sports.


I have to disagree ( see my post on the other thread). I think the player delivering a focused attack with intent to injure should be suspended for as long as the potential injury to the victim.



From comments on this thread, I see that the problem is systemic, which validates my assertions on the other thread. (Mika eye injury update thread)
S
SpiffCoug
bigbluepuma wrote:
Yep, just a complete thug move. I wish in cases like this, where a opponent deliberately injures another player - that player is suspended for as long as the the injured player is out.



This would be a rule for all sports.


I have to disagree ( see my post on the other thread). I think the player delivering a focused attack with intent to injure should be suspended for as long as the potential injury to the victim.



From comments on this thread, I see that the problem is systemic, which validates my assertions on the other thread. (Mika eye injury update thread)

I'm not sure I see where you disagree. I think we're on the same page. You deliberately injure an opponent, you don't return until they do.
S
snoscythe
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Yep, just a complete thug move. I wish in cases like this, where a opponent deliberately injures another player - that player is suspended for as long as the the injured player is out.



This would be a rule for all sports.


I have to disagree ( see my post on the other thread). I think the player delivering a focused attack with intent to injure should be suspended for as long as the potential injury to the victim.



From comments on this thread, I see that the problem is systemic, which validates my assertions on the other thread. (Mika eye injury update thread)

I'm not sure I see where you disagree. I think we're on the same page. You deliberately injure an opponent, you don't return until they do.


I think his distinction is that, if the injured player makes a miraculous recovery and comes back from a 4-week injury a week early, bigbluepuma doesn't think the attacker should get to come back a week early as well.



I agree with bigbluepuma, but I think it's an unworkable punishment as every prognosis would be challenged and appealed and contested by a battery of doctors who would argue for shorter recovery periods.
Advertisement
S
Sammich
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Yep, just a complete thug move. I wish in cases like this, where a opponent deliberately injures another player - that player is suspended for as long as the the injured player is out.



This would be a rule for all sports.


I have to disagree ( see my post on the other thread). I think the player delivering a focused attack with intent to injure should be suspended for as long as the potential injury to the victim.



From comments on this thread, I see that the problem is systemic, which validates my assertions on the other thread. (Mika eye injury update thread)

I'm not sure I see where you disagree. I think we're on the same page. You deliberately injure an opponent, you don't return until they do.

I think his point is, if even if Mika gets better and plays the next game, that player is suspended until the standard recovery time of that injury, is that right? Although I'm not sure in that case how you would account for all the possible scenarios of what fingers in eyes could do.
B
BoiseBYU
What's tragic and pathetic is that all of the discussion is based on the NCAA or the Big 12 doing something, when who really should be doing something and addressing the issue is ISU. It is their player, their student, who engaged in such a wrong act. To be silent (and perhaps they will do something) and just hope to skate is just flat out wrong. ISU needs to be accountable for its agents.
S
SpiffCoug
I too am surprised we haven't seen any statement/apology from the player about it.



Hopefully he will today.
G
Gunk
I'd be surprised if we hear anything from ISU proactively on it. Coach didn't seem to have much of a problem with it last night.



My guess, if ISU addresses the issue it will be in response to the NCAA or Big 12.



Coach didn't have anything to say yesterday or this morning regarding his players giving the student section the bird and gouging a player's eye. Classless.
G
Gunk
ISU Basketball Twitter Handle - @CycloneMBB

Coach Fred Hoiberg Twitter Handle - @ISUMayor32



I'm tweeting the image of Mika getting clawed out at them.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
SpiffCoug wrote:
I too am surprised we haven't seen any statement/apology from the player about it.



Hopefully he will today.


They were quick apologize for this though:



http://cdn3.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2013-November-20-23-35-16.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



https://twitter.com/M3llyM3I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Last year at WVU another ISU player flipped the bird to the student section there as well. Class act those kids from Ames.
G
Gunk
snoscythe wrote:
I too am surprised we haven't seen any statement/apology from the player about it.



Hopefully he will today.


He did apologize for this though:



http://cdn3.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2013-November-20-23-35-16.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



https://twitter.com/M3llyM3I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Seems to be the only one within the ISU program taking some responsibility for their actions.
C
Cougs_Rule
Forced/coached (and repeated behavior--from last year) confessions to avoid or mitigate potential punishments don't count. Hoyberg just lives with it, justifying, albeit quietly, either by total denial or that he is saving these kids from their abject circumstances and "developing their character." He won't be disciplining his players.
S
SpiffCoug
Trolling is not tolerated here.



I also believe the was cited for trespassing and banned from then-Cougar Stadium.
S
Schmoe
Utahforlife wrote:
Forced/coached (and repeated behavior--from last year) confessions to avoid or mitigate potential punishments don't count. Hoyberg just lives with it, justifying, albeit quietly, either by total denial or that he is saving these kids from their abject circumstances and "developing their character." He won't be disciplining his players.


Yeah, sort of like that time in 1999 when that representative from BYU,albeit a fan, was forced/coached to attack a ute cheerleader....what a classless fan base, what a bunch of thugs....they should be banned from all sports


Ah yes, the old "there are some bad fans in every fanbase, so every fanbase and program has the exact same amount of class" argument.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.