Archived Topic

Travis Wilson is done for the year

by vancouvercougar · 11/18/2013

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
Salt Lake Tribune reports that Travis Wilson is done for the year. Brain scans indicated a pre-existing condition. He may be done for his career. It's hard to wish that kind of a thing even onto a Ute.
F
frdbtr
vancouvercougar wrote:
Salt Lake Tribune reports that Travis Wilson is done for the year. Brain scans indicated a pre-existing condition. He may be done for his career. It's hard to wish that kind of a thing even onto a Ute.


I feel bad for Travis Wilson and that he has health issues that may end his career. I don't feel bad for the utes or any ute fans who may or may not suffer because of this.
H
HoosierCougar
vancouvercougar wrote:
Salt Lake Tribune reports that Travis Wilson is done for the year. Brain scans indicated a pre-existing condition. He may be done for his career. It's hard to wish that kind of a thing even onto a Ute.


If a brain scan as a result of a concussion alerted them to a pre-existing condition, that is wild. Depending on the condition, the concussion and scan could have saved his life.



Hope he can regain his full health and enjoy a long, happy life.
G
Guest
Strange that a case of a football concussion may have saved his life (a little hyperbole there, I guess). Still, tough news for anyone. Hope all can be made well.
J
jonnylingo
Prayers to him and his family. Wilson seemed like a great guy. Its too bad but i am glad that he discovered whatever it is that he has. my how quickly life can change.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
My sister-in-law slipped on the ice and hit her head on Saturday, resulting in a concussion. The resulting scan revealed a tumor.



How long might it have gone without diagnosis if she hadn't had the concussion? Sometimes bad news can be the best thing for us.
V
vancouvercougar
My father discovered colon cancer 10 years ago because of some fluke symptoms related to something else. His cancer was excised, and no chemo or radiation was needed because of how early it was detected. He has been going strong ever since.



I know it has to be tough on Travis, but in the grand scheme of things this may be a blessing to him. Prayers for Travis and his family.
S
snoscythe
It's 90%+ that his career is over. The "preexisting condition" is a tumor. They are just waiting for operable/inoperable, malignant/benign, etc. determinations.



One of those great news/horrible news things--horrible that he has the condition, but great that they caught it earlier on like this.



Best wishes to him and his family.
N
NDCougar
Wow, this is horrible. I hope he is alright and gets past this to live a long productive life.



You really have to feel for the kids. Prayers for the Wilson family.
N
NDCougar
snoscythe wrote:
It's 90%+ that his career is over. The "preexisting condition" is a tumor. They are just waiting for operable/inoperable, malignant/benign, etc. determinations.



One of those great news/horrible news things--horrible that he has the condition, but great that they caught it earlier on like this.



Best wishes to him and his family.


The article states the condition is not life threatening, so that is the positive news.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
NDCougar wrote:
It's 90%+ that his career is over. The "preexisting condition" is a tumor. They are just waiting for operable/inoperable, malignant/benign, etc. determinations.



One of those great news/horrible news things--horrible that he has the condition, but great that they caught it earlier on like this.



Best wishes to him and his family.


The article states the condition is not life threatening, so that is the positive news.

That is good news. Here's to a full recovery.
S
stgeorgefan
I read that article and thought "the utes are snake bit at the QB position"



If Wilson can't come back and play the prospects for the Utes NEXT year are horrible.

Utah football hasn't had a good consistant QB since Johnson was playing.



How this affects Kyle and his job security is a big ?
S
snoscythe
NDCougar wrote:
It's 90%+ that his career is over. The "preexisting condition" is a tumor. They are just waiting for operable/inoperable, malignant/benign, etc. determinations.



One of those great news/horrible news things--horrible that he has the condition, but great that they caught it earlier on like this.



Best wishes to him and his family.


The article states the condition is not life threatening, so that is the positive news.


Utes are now clarifying that it was damage to an "intracranial artery" and likely from a previous hit/injury.



My "source" has been sacked and replaced at great expense and at the last minute by Ralph the Wonder Llama.
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
It's 90%+ that his career is over. The "preexisting condition" is a tumor. They are just waiting for operable/inoperable, malignant/benign, etc. determinations.



One of those great news/horrible news things--horrible that he has the condition, but great that they caught it earlier on like this.



Best wishes to him and his family.


The article states the condition is not life threatening, so that is the positive news.


Utes are now clarifying that it was damage to an "intracranial artery" and likely from a previous hit/injury.



My "source" has been sacked and replaced at great expense and at the last minute by Ralph the Wonder Llama.


You better get a lawyer!
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
NDCougar wrote:
It's 90%+ that his career is over. The "preexisting condition" is a tumor. They are just waiting for operable/inoperable, malignant/benign, etc. determinations.



One of those great news/horrible news things--horrible that he has the condition, but great that they caught it earlier on like this.



Best wishes to him and his family.


The article states the condition is not life threatening, so that is the positive news.


Utes are now clarifying that it was damage to an "intracranial artery" and likely from a previous hit/injury.



My "source" has been sacked and replaced at great expense and at the last minute by Ralph the Wonder Llama.


You better get a lawyer!

I'm on it.

http://www.liveforfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Better-Call-Saul.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
It's 90%+ that his career is over. The "preexisting condition" is a tumor. They are just waiting for operable/inoperable, malignant/benign, etc. determinations.



One of those great news/horrible news things--horrible that he has the condition, but great that they caught it earlier on like this.



Best wishes to him and his family.


The article states the condition is not life threatening, so that is the positive news.


Utes are now clarifying that it was damage to an "intracranial artery" and likely from a previous hit/injury.



My "source" has been sacked and replaced at great expense and at the last minute by Ralph the Wonder Llama.


You better get a lawyer!

I'm on it.

http://www.liveforfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Better-Call-Saul.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


If he's not available, you can always turn to...



Bob Loblaw.

http://owlibrary.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/bob-loblaw.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mormonrasta
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
It's 90%+ that his career is over. The "preexisting condition" is a tumor. They are just waiting for operable/inoperable, malignant/benign, etc. determinations.



One of those great news/horrible news things--horrible that he has the condition, but great that they caught it earlier on like this.



Best wishes to him and his family.


The article states the condition is not life threatening, so that is the positive news.


Utes are now clarifying that it was damage to an "intracranial artery" and likely from a previous hit/injury.



My "source" has been sacked and replaced at great expense and at the last minute by Ralph the Wonder Llama.


So you're saying:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo
C
craigoscarson
I know I'll get struck by lightning. But as long as the kid can live a healthy life outside of football, I'm hopeful that it hurts Utah football on the field (either by his absence or poor performance.)



I hope he can live a healthy life outside of football, but I wish nothing but ill will to Utah football.
F
frdbtr
craigoscarson wrote:
I know I'll get struck by lightning. But as long as the kid can live a healthy life outside of football, I'm hopeful that it hurts Utah football on the field (either by his absence or poor performance.)



I hope he can live a healthy life outside of football, but I wish nothing but ill will to Utah football.


I have no problem with this attitude. I share it. I hope Travis Wilson lives a long, productive, healthy life outside of being a ute. I wish no good will on the ute football or basketball team.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.