Archived Topic

BYU close to offering Snow Safety

by Mars · 12/3/2009

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Can anyone tell us anything about Comer?
K
kfilly20
Is he from Lone Peak ? If he is I swear we signed him or offered him at least when he was in high school.
S
Short_Change
kfilly20 wrote:
Is he from Lone Peak ? If he is I swear we signed him or offered him at least when he was in high school.


You are probably thinking of Cameron Comer who is from Springville and who is a CB. I believe he is on a mission.
L
Lawboy
1 star? Are we sure we can not do better? Perhaps Bronco sees himself with this one? He was a Snow safety as well.....I just hope he can run and knows how to play ball.
Advertisement
S
Sammich
Lawboy wrote:
1 star? Are we sure we can not do better? Perhaps Bronco sees himself with this one? He was a Snow safety as well.....I just hope he can run and knows how to play ball.

I'm guessing the 1-star is like usual, where they default to 1-star when they don't have an actual ranking for the recruit. (Why do they do it that way, though? Wouldn't it be easier just to say, "No Ranking"?)
F
Florwood
I was wondering why BYU putting more snow melt on its sidewalks made it to a cougarcorner thread...
G
gmj81
Short_Change wrote:
Is he from Lone Peak ? If he is I swear we signed him or offered him at least when he was in high school.


You are probably thinking of Cameron Comer who is from Springville and who is a CB. I believe he is on a mission.


No, this is in fact Cameron Comer's cousin, Ryan Comer. He's an RM from Snow with 3 years to play 3. Apparently he has official sub-4.5 speed and stand about 6'0" or so.



Yes, he did attend Lone Peak and I think was offered a preferred-walk on spot but opted to go to Snow instead for the Scholie.



There are about three JC safeties BYU is evaluating and once they get their wish list in order they'll probably offer the first one soon. If he doesn't take it they'll move on to the next and so on.
S
scott715
If he turns out like Rich then go for it. 1 star means nothing. I trust Bronco's evaluation. He is better than the star system.
C
craigoscarson
The last Snow safety we got with 3 to play 3 turned out pretty good... it's not like they're grooming the kid for playing next year. Our secondary is pretty much set next season; the only question is who plays safety and who plays corner.



I personally think they're going to have one hell of a time trying to keep rich, bradley, aguirre, buckner and logan (heck even Eason) off the field at the same time.
Advertisement
M
Mithrandir
6'1", sub 4.5 40, 3 years to play 3, mid-year transfer, and wants nothing more than to be a cougar. I think you've got to give the kid a schollie.
B
BerliNY
Mithrandir wrote:
6'1", sub 4.5 40, 3 years to play 3, mid-year transfer, and wants nothing more than to be a cougar. I think you've got to give the kid a schollie.


Must be some mistake. Are you sure BYU is allowed to offer DBs that are taller than 5-8?



J/K I love you Logan!
Q
QuarterbackU
I'm new to the board but I have a close friend who is friends with Ryan. Here is what I found out:



40 - Timed twice at 4.44 this fall by Snow coaches.

20 yard shuttle he was timed at 4.2

Was a corner in High School at Lone Peak.

Converted to safety after mission

He is a legitimate 6'1" and 205 he is Jordan Pendleton esque.



He can bench 225 18 times. and has a 32" verticle



He closes really really well on run support he had 6 tackles for loss. He got beat over the top only once all year - on a half back pass -

he has a good nose for the ball - 2 picks and 2 fumble recoveries.



I got to watch him run stride for stride with some of the best JC receivers in the country - you know the type fast black inner city non-qualifiers. I am calling it right now - he is BYU's next Andrew Rich
M
Mars


He hasn't been offered yet. BYU is still looking at a couple other kids as well.
S
scott715
That is what happens when you run out of scholarships. I would not be surprised if a couple of kids should not have been offered early. I would bet Bronco is surprised with some of the kids that committed and new targets that developed through Heap connections. Maybe BYU should offer a recruiting networking, oh I mean Business Networking classes!
Advertisement
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:
That is what happens when you run out of scholarships. I would not be surprised if a couple of kids should not have been offered early. I would bet Bronco is surprised with some of the kids that committed and new targets that developed through Heap connections. Maybe BYU should offer a recruiting networking, oh I mean Business Networking classes!

Not applicable at this point. Heaps is not out recruiting Junior College players, which is what Coach Mendenhall is looking for to finish the recruiting class.
C
craigoscarson
There are still scholarships left; don't be fooled by the perceived #. If they find JUCO guys that are sure to make the 2 deep and can keep the rules at the Y, they'll sign em.



If they can get Quezada, Ho Ching, Jeff Thomas, and 1-2 of these JUCO dbs, we'll be in great shape.
S
scott715
Last I heard there were only 2-3 spots left. I am really excited to see how the next recruiting class goes. If we can follow up with another outstanding class and continue widening the net, we should be able to bring in a whale of a class.
K
kiwibacon
anonymass wrote:
I'm new to the board but I have a close friend who is friends with Ryan. Here is what I found out:



40 - Timed twice at 4.44 this fall by Snow coaches.

20 yard shuttle he was timed at 4.2

Was a corner in High School at Lone Peak.

Converted to safety after mission

He is a legitimate 6'1" and 205 he is Jordan Pendleton esque.



He can bench 225 18 times. and has a 32" verticle



He closes really really well on run support he had 6 tackles for loss. He got beat over the top only once all year - on a half back pass -

he has a good nose for the ball - 2 picks and 2 fumble recoveries.



I got to watch him run stride for stride with some of the best JC receivers in the country - you know the type fast black inner city non-qualifiers. I am calling it right now - he is BYU's next Andrew Rich

Thanks for the info. Welcome to the board.
C
CougarClaw
kiwibacon wrote:
I'm new to the board but I have a close friend who is friends with Ryan. Here is what I found out:



40 - Timed twice at 4.44 this fall by Snow coaches.

20 yard shuttle he was timed at 4.2

Was a corner in High School at Lone Peak.

Converted to safety after mission

He is a legitimate 6'1" and 205 he is Jordan Pendleton esque.



He can bench 225 18 times. and has a 32" verticle



He closes really really well on run support he had 6 tackles for loss. He got beat over the top only once all year - on a half back pass -

he has a good nose for the ball - 2 picks and 2 fumble recoveries.



I got to watch him run stride for stride with some of the best JC receivers in the country - you know the type fast black inner city non-qualifiers. I am calling it right now - he is BYU's next Andrew Rich

Thanks for the info. Welcome to the board.


Heya Ryan, Welcome to the board.

Hope you're as good as advertized.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.