Archived Topic

BYU @ CONNECTICUT HUSKIES Official Live Game Thread

by ABYUFAN · 11/15/2013

Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
I'm not nearly as original or funny as Mars or Schmoe, so I'll just copy them :P
A
ABYUFAN
Also, I think that even with our "slow-start-to-the-year" problems we have a 3 score victory here
M
Mars
:lol:
S
Schmoe
:D
Y
Ygridiron4ever
About 100 people from the ward went to the VA game to start this season. At least half ofbuscarecalreadynplanning our UConn trip.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Its certainly never too early to start a live thread for something that wont be live for about a year. sweeet!! I can't wait for the Stanford 2087 live thread. has anybody started that yet? id like to pin that down and get my name on that thread.



Hawk. suggestion. Maybe you could have a bidding system and auction the right to be the official starter of the prediction thread and the live game day thread. you could fund your website that way. :crazy:
C
Cougarbib
More seriously, CC would be improved, if CC had one of you clever fellows start a clearly labelled game thread for every game well in advance with TV coverage, date, and time. Of course, one of you would need to commit to doing it and then follow thru.



Some of the more observant of posters may have noticed that live game comments for most games have started up in multiple threads not clearly labelled which makes it very difficult to follow. Invariably, then someone comes on asking about TV options.



Imagine how much better the site would be if that was always there, clearly labelled, and enough in advance that people could set their DVRs to it.



Hopefully, one of you will bump this up come game week with TV info.



If my attemp to bring a little organization, clearly labelled, in advance caused you any inconvenience



Tough.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
urroner
jonnylingo wrote:
Hawk. suggestion. Maybe you could have a bidding system and auction the right to be the official starter of the prediction thread and the live game day thread. you could fund your website that way. :crazy:


I want to officially put in a bid for the 2015 Prediction Thread of BYU/Duke in the final game of the NCAA Finals. My bid is that I will immediately log off CC and never come back.
S
Schmoe
My starting of the ND thread (which, I'm assuming, set off these following threads) was in no way intended to demean anyone. I just thought it would be funny in light of the comments on the other thread. I apologize if anyone took serious offense or felt attacked.
U
urroner
Schmoe wrote:
My starting of the ND thread (which, I'm assuming, set off these following threads) was in no way intended to demean anyone. I just thought it would be funny in light of the comments on the other thread. I apologize if anyone took serious offense or felt attacked.


I took no offense, but I hope BYU takes a lot when they show up at the games the next two weeks.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
This game is currently scheduled for a Thursday. UCONN is an AAC team and the AAC's broadcast partners are CBS and ESPN. I expect this game to be the early ESPN game on opening day, likely 6:00 eastern time (3:00 pacific)
C
Cougarbib
Schmoe wrote:
My starting of the ND thread (which, I'm assuming, set off these following threads) was in no way intended to demean anyone. I just thought it would be funny in light of the comments on the other thread. I apologize if anyone took serious offense or felt attacked.


Still trying to reconcile this



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Schmoe wrote:
:D


With this - on this very same thread. Not sure why the mocking, laughing face icon is not displaying in the quote box. But go back to page 1 for full effect.



No worries. I have a short memory, thick skin, and often confuse you with another poster.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Cougarbib wrote:
:D


With this - on this very same thread. Not sure why the mocking, laughing face icon is not displaying in the quote box. But go back to page 1 for full effect.


Yep, I thought it was funny that someone took my joke and ran with it. My only intentions were lighthearted and I've never had two words to say about you negatively. I think your idea about starting a game thread early with time and channel is fine, might even give those who don't have that channel the opportunity to seek out a place to watch or others to post a (shady) link to where they can find it.
C
Cougarbib
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
:D


With this - on this very same thread. Not sure why the mocking, laughing face icon is not displaying in the quote box. But go back to page 1 for full effect.


Yep, I thought it was funny that someone took my joke and ran with it. My only intentions were lighthearted and I've never had two words to say about you negatively. I think your idea about starting a game thread early with time and channel is fine, might even give those who don't have that channel the opportunity to seek out a place to watch or others to post a (shady) link to where they can find it.


I have benefitted from those shady links in the past. Panicked to find any broadcast. Justin TV with KSL and CBS Sports game tracker.



ESPN and BYU TV and DISH Network and a radar detector for when I drive to Provo have really made life easier.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.