Archived Topic

Tulsa looks pretty good

by Mars · 12/3/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars


Oklahoma State beat Utah last week 77-55. They also beat Seattle (who beat Utah) by 22, and Bradley by 11.

They lost to Tulsa today 65-86. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=200912020599

Tulsa may be a very tough team. They are 5-1 currently.



BYU is likely to play Tulsa in Las Vegas this season.
B
BYULV
I haven't followed Nebraska much, but I'd wager Tulsa beats Nebraska and we beat Nevada to setup the matchup between BYU and Tulsa - should be a good game.



Maybe the USU game served a purpose: 1) to keep us grounded and working on new things and improving and 2) Waking Miles up, we need a strong inside presence to make some real noise nationally. I think with the way he was playing prior to USU that the guards got away from the inside aspect of our game and it would have caught up with us sooner or later anyway.
M
Mars
BYULV wrote:
I haven't followed Nebraska much, but I'd wager Tulsa beats Nebraska and we beat Nevada to setup the matchup between BYU and Tulsa - should be a good game.

I'm not very confident that we beat Nevada. They took North Carolina to the wire last week.
C
craigoscarson
Mars wrote:
I haven't followed Nebraska much, but I'd wager Tulsa beats Nebraska and we beat Nevada to setup the matchup between BYU and Tulsa - should be a good game.

I'm not very confident that we beat Nevada. They took North Carolina to the wire last week.




Nevada is pretty good and they have solid post play. We'll be favored, but if we shoot like we did last night...
M
Mars
craigoscarson wrote:
Nevada is pretty good and they have solid post play. We'll be favored, but if we shoot like we did last night...

We've been shooting something crazy like 50% from 3-point range, up until the Utah State game. So, A-Have we been lucky?, B-Are we that good, or C-Were our opponents that bad? The easy answer is maybe a little bit of all 3. And JT hasn't even come close to getting hot yet...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.