Archived Topic

Wisconsin RB's

by beauso79 · 11/11/2013

Advertisement
B
beauso79
Man Gordon and White sure were impressive on Saturday. I know Wisconsin had an awesome OL but how many times did their RB's make tacklers miss at the line of scrimmage or just after?? At times it was down right embarrasing and not trying to bag on JW but he doesn't have that same type shiftiness/acceleration that Gordon and White did. JW can blow by guys in straight line or make a simple cut and make guys miss man how I wish we had a guy on our team that was closer to that of a guy like Gordon. I hope Cedric Dale has some more shiftiness to his game or we get Alex Suchesk to walk-on somehow. If we are going to try to emulate the game of Wisconsin with a power running attack, which it feels like we are trying to do, we need to start getting some more explosive RB's and solidify the OL. I really think Suchesk would be a perfect complement to our offense and I hope Dale is better than we think he is
B
byucougar1
WI OL gave White and Gordon space and contact to maneuver. Both RBs patiently followed blockers and allowed play to develop. JW would kill it running behind WI OL as his acceleration would put him in the secondary very quickly. We need to improve physicality of OL and our RBs will be fine.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
If Alex is such a great addition - why should he need to walk on. BTW - I know his parents - Doug and Amy. Great family. I was their home teacher when Alex was a very active toddler. Did I say great family. Doug was a body builder. Amy was a runner.



I would love to see Alex at BYU. Give him a schollie.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
robertson daniel struggled mightily in this game. he could not tackle those running backs for the life of him. to be fair they were making everybody miss.
B
beauso79
Cougarbib wrote:
If Alex is such a great addition - why should he need to walk on. BTW - I know his parents - Doug and Amy. Great family. I was their home teacher when Alex was a very active toddler. Did I say great family. Doug was a body builder. Amy was a runner.



I would love to see Alex at BYU. Give him a schollie.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I absolutely agree........The coaches should be able to find an offer somewhere. Some people think he's the better option than Dale
Advertisement
B
beauso79
jonnylingo wrote:
robertson daniel struggled mightily in this game. he could not tackle those running backs for the life of him. to be fair they were making everybody miss.


I saw Bills miss/bounce off a few times as well
B
byucougar1
Both observations are correct as Bronco stated poor tackling by the secondary gave RBs extra yards and help sustain drives that led to scores. Team picked wrong time and game to have poor tackling occur - likely a result of poor positioning and approach/angle of tackle. Brings to question if bye week caused let down and loss of focus on fundamentals.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CrimsonCoug
byucougar1 wrote:
Both observations are correct as Bronco stated poor tackling by the secondary gave RBs extra yards and help sustain drives that led to scores. Team picked wrong time and game to have poor tackling occur - likely a result of poor positioning and approach/angle of tackle. Brings to question if bye week caused let down and loss of focus on fundamentals.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


it is interesting that BYU has whiffed on all games when having more than a week to prepare: VA, Utah, WI. Doesn't bode well for the bowl game.



Still, I'm enjoying this season. In spite of my family with 3 young kids being absolutely drenched snotless at the UVA game.
J
jonnylingo
CrimsonCoug wrote:
Both observations are correct as Bronco stated poor tackling by the secondary gave RBs extra yards and help sustain drives that led to scores. Team picked wrong time and game to have poor tackling occur - likely a result of poor positioning and approach/angle of tackle. Brings to question if bye week caused let down and loss of focus on fundamentals.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


it is interesting that BYU has whiffed on all games when having more than a week to prepare: VA, Utah, WI. Doesn't bode well for the bowl game.



Still, I'm enjoying this season. In spite of my family with 3 young kids being absolutely drenched snotless at the UVA game.


i think it still has to do with getting tired and worn out. its started in the houston game and hasn't fixed itself.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.