Archived Topic

I would like to know the story behind this.

by kiwibacon · 12/2/2009

Advertisement
K
kiwibacon
Interesting video. I would like to know what caused the right side of the line NOT to move.



[youtube]1AqnsjEPLIA[/youtube]



Strange, no? :skeptic:
G
Guest
Holy cow, that's gotta be one of the strangest things I've ever seen.
I
Italics
ok, I've seen plays where the entire line stays still and then the QB does a quick screen pass, and whoever receive it then has an entire o-line to block for them... but umm, that definitely isn't what I just saw.
L
ltpwfdcm
I seem to remember while watching FSU-BYU that the announcers mentioned that the FSU O-line coach instructs his line to freeze and not move when they see a defender jump offside. I think in this case the right side thought they had caught UF offside and so they froze when the left side didn't...
G
Guest
But the one guy NEVER moved, not even after the play had clearly gone on. It was like he had lost all movement.
Advertisement
S
Sammich
Proof-positive that the FSU line beat us down on so many plays because they are, in fact, robots.
K
kiwibacon
Sammich wrote:
Proof-positive that the FSU line beat us down on so many plays because they are, in fact, robots.

LOL. I knew there had to be something to it. That right tackle must have missed the latest software upgrade and was infected by malware.
C
Cougarfan87
Man, I even watched the game, and I don't remember that play. Then again, I was switching back and forth between the BYU game and almost entirely to the BYU game once it looked like Florida had the game well in hand. Perhaps, the OLine coach might want to rethink his "don't move" philosophy after watching the poor quarterback run for his life.
J
jonnylingo
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Man, I even watched the game, and I don't remember that play. Then again, I was switching back and forth between the BYU game and almost entirely to the BYU game once it looked like Florida had the game well in hand. Perhaps, the OLine coach might want to rethink his "don't move" philosophy after watching the poor quarterback run for his life.


You should probably change your name to kindacougarfan if that statement is true.
S
Schmoe
ltpwfdcm wrote:
I seem to remember while watching FSU-BYU that the announcers mentioned that the FSU O-line coach instructs his line to freeze and not move when they see a defender jump offside. I think in this case the right side thought they had caught UF offside and so they froze when the left side didn't...


Bingo!
Advertisement
C
cougfan1
I've been hearing some gambling stories about college players lately. Maybe this guy was trying to "fix" something. Because it truly makes no sense that he would not move at all for that long unless it was intentional. The not moving for offsides doesn't even make sense...you would think he would eventually start running around when he heard no whistle. Maybe he wanted the QB to get killed. ;)
K
kiwibacon
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Man, I even watched the game, and I don't remember that play. Then again, I was switching back and forth between the BYU game and almost entirely to the BYU game once it looked like Florida had the game well in hand. Perhaps, the OLine coach might want to rethink his "don't move" philosophy after watching the poor quarterback run for his life.

Crazy thing of the play is the QB got 9 yards on the play. :bug:
S
Schmoe
If the D jumps offsides, the O-line does not move for the entire play, I guess this guy was the only one who thought the Gators jumped.
S
scott715
The OL was dreaming of BACON
C
CAFB_04-12
That was weird.



Maybe the mary jane froze his brain processes for a moment.
Advertisement
G
GolfDiveNCougs
I've talked to a lot of guys who have played quarterback, who have told me that every once in a while, if the o-line takes offense at something the qb was yelling at them about, they give the defense a free shot at the him. I can't imagine that happening in a game (especially a rivalry game), but if the o-line thought the qb was getting too big for his britches, they may just have been trying to send him a message. I really can't think that the guy who stayed in his stance the entire play was doing anything OTHER than sending some sort of message.
B
BYUROCKS
hawkwing wrote:
Holy cow, that's gotta be one of the strangest things I've ever seen.




They had a whole play where no one on their line moved.
G
Guest
BYUROCKS wrote:
Holy cow, that's gotta be one of the strangest things I've ever seen.




They had a whole play where no one on their line moved.


Video, or it didn't happen.
M
makulit
I vaguely remember them holding their stance on an offsides call during the BYU game. I may be mistaken though; it might have been a different game.



At any rate, this is just ridiculous.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.