Archived Topic

Wisconsin States Minus Their First Two Games

by jonnylingo · 11/4/2013

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
I would really like to know where Wisconsin would be after you take out those two games against nobodies. the racked up insane numbers both on offense and defense that surely skew their stats.



I am trying to figure out how much better Wisconsin's defense is than say Utah State.



Did they hold asu and/or osu below those teams' normal offensive productions? Doesn't Spiff usually post one of these types of things? did i miss it.
G
Guest
Spiff usually does this kind of a post, but I know he's travelling for business this week. Not sure if he'll be able to do that for the Wisc game.
S
SpiffCoug
I'm still updating my BYU vs Opponents (should have that one up later tonight or tomorrow). I will have one for Wisconsin vs Opponent Averages as well. Needless to say, Wisconsin has beaten up on some bad defenses (but they have beat up on them).



Here's a quick preview of the Wisconsin post. While they have scored a ton of points, five of the Badgers seven FBS opponents are averaging allowing more than 25 ppg (when the Wisconsin game is taken out). They're playing some poor scoring defensive teams. Three of those teams are ranked 96 or worse in scoring defense. And two other opponents are tied for 61 in scoring defense. Their only opponent ranked ahead of BYU (27th/21.3ppg) is Ohio St (9th/17.0ppg) held Wisconsin to a season low in points (24) but still more than Ohio St normally gives up.
C
Cougarbib
Thanks Spiff. I think his question was more about the Bucky defense. Hopefully you will have data in how the Bucky D held opposing offenses relative to their other opponents.



I think BYU D will meet Bronco's standard goal of allowing less than 24 - actually, I fudge and exoect exactly 24 - that may actually miss his target by 1 point.



I read less thsn 24. Anyone kniw if it is that or if ut is 24 or less?



It is the BYU O vs that D that I just cannot predict without that comparative data.



BTW generous of you to share the wealth of info with Cougar Prediction Game competitors.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'm still updating my BYU vs Opponents (should have that one up later tonight or tomorrow). I will have one for Wisconsin vs Opponent Averages as well. Needless to say, Wisconsin has beaten up on some bad defenses (but they have beat up on them).



Here's a quick preview of the Wisconsin post. While they have scored a ton of points, five of the Badgers seven FBS opponents are averaging allowing more than 25 ppg (when the Wisconsin game is taken out). They're playing some poor scoring defensive teams. Three of those teams are ranked 96 or worse in scoring defense. And two other opponents are tied for 61 in scoring defense. Their only opponent ranked ahead of BYU (27th/21.3ppg) is Ohio St (9th/17.0ppg) held Wisconsin to a season low in points (24) but still more than Ohio St normally gives up.


Thanks Spiff.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.