Archived Topic

Anyone watching Wisconsin tomorrow?

by BroncoBot · 11/2/2013

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Please submit your in-depth analysis here please.



:D



How much do we find out about the badgers when they play Iowa (5-3, 2-2 Big10) tomorrow?
G
Guest
do you know what channel and time?
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
do you know what channel and time?

Whole point of this thread was to get others to do my homework for me.



12pm EST, ABC
G
Guest
:lol: Thanks!
S
scott715
ESPN announces LB Chris Borland is OUT against Iowa. Potentially a big, big loss for Wisconsin's defense.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
ESPN announces LB Chris Borland is OUT against Iowa. Potentially a big, big loss for Wisconsin's defense.

Is he out long enough to help our worthy cause?



We have already gone from everyone is healthy to being down 2 players this week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Iowa up 3-0 and rolling again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
6-0 Iowa. Iowa is Preparing Wisconsin for BYU game by sputtering in Red Zone.



And just that quickly.



BAM. Bucky moves down the field mostly throwing and their tall receiver goes up for the catch and breaks loose for a TD



7-6 Bucky - less than 2 minutes until halftime.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
This game may lower Bucky's gaudy offensive statistics while making their D look better.



Up until that last drive, the average starting field position for Bucky was the 19 yard line and they could not sustain a scoring drive. After the last Iowa Field Goal, Bucky returned the kick to near the 40 and scored quickly.



Iowa punted. Thought they had a fumble recovery.



Under review. Huge.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Neither one of these teams has a throw game that is very good. If BYU can stop Wisconsin's run game we win.
Advertisement
B
bandofbros84
Wisconsin has a new, inexperienced kicker. He attempted a field goal right before halftime and missed. It was 54 yards. He made it (from the same distance), but Iowa called a timeout right before the snap. He had plenty of leg on both of them and missed the second one a little to his right. The wind was also at his back. Not sure how strong it was though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
bandofbros84
Wisconsin stuffs Iowa on a 4th and 1 power run up the middle.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Wisconsin 14 Iowa 6. Fumble recovery shifted field position.



Bucky seems to be pulling away.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
I've only been able to watch a little of this game, and they look okay to me but it's hard to tell very much. I mean, they're on the road so that's going to be tough. And Iowa usually plays the big boys well in their house. That being said, W's QB isn't all that great, but we're still going to need to get pressure and get some picks. I am worried about our DLine's endurance in a game like this...
C
Cougarbib
21-9.



BYU will need touch downs - not just field goals.



I have guests and have been suffering from muchas football interruptus, but I think Bucky got more turnovers that went their way.



This game is at Iowa. Bucky still pulling away. Will be tougher in Madison.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
mizzoucoug wrote:
I've only been able to watch a little of this game, and they look okay to me but it's hard to tell very much. I mean, they're on the road so that's going to be tough. And Iowa usually plays the big boys well in their house. That being said, W's QB isn't all that great, but we're still going to need to get pressure and get some picks. I am worried about our DLine's endurance in a game like this...


I totally agree with you here, Wisc hogs (Oline) are not wimps. I am hoping BYus outside speed at LB can help contain the edges from their speedy RB and that our MLBs and safeties can help plug and cover the middle. Manu and Marques will get plenty of smash mouth football. But Gary will know what BYU is perennially weak at. I hope their stud WR is still limited next week.

And if BYus Olays sound ball and doesn't turn the ball over, they will move the ball at least enough and maybe more.
R
runbyu1
It's been a long time since I've watched a full Big10 game---I forgot how incredibly painful and boring it can be to watch!



With that said, the Wisconsin O-line impresses me and worries me.



I think the BYU O can put up some points on these guys. I just hope the BYU D doesn't get eaten up by their O-line.
B
BroncoBot
runbyu1 wrote:
It's been a long time since I've watched a full Big10 game---I forgot how incredibly painful and boring it can be to watch!



With that said, the Wisconsin O-line impresses me and worries me.



I think the BYU O can put up some points on these guys. I just hope the BYU D doesn't get eaten up by their O-line.

This was the only thing that impressed me. their QB seems young and inexperienced. They only have one serious threat as a receiver (and he got injured on a TD catch), their kicking game is sub-par (that kick at ASU was not a sure thing). BYU has the advantage in several areas of the game. IOWA was able to pass on the Wisc defense, BYU should have some fun with downfield passes.
M
Mingjai
My biggest worry is BYU's O having a spell of 3 and outs and Bucky's offense sustaining long drives, wearing down the defense, and running a lot of clock. Given BYU's inability to score TDs in the red zone and their lack of consistency in moving the chains, I'm worried that BYU might be playing from behind in a hostile environment against a physical, motivated team.



My heart tells me BYU can win, but my gut is skeptical, and my head is thinking something like 31-20 Badgers.



BYU does have the benefit of playing the Badgers the week before the border battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe. Minnesota's tricky this year, so perhaps the Badgers might be looking ahead to the Gophers'
B
BroncoBot
Mingjai wrote:
My biggest worry is BYU's O having a spell of 3 and outs and Bucky's offense sustaining long drives, wearing down the defense, and running a lot of clock. Given BYU's inability to score TDs in the red zone and their lack of consistency in moving the chains, I'm worried that BYU might be playing from behind in a hostile environment against a physical, motivated team.



My heart tells me BYU can win, but my gut is skeptical, and my head is thinking something like 31-20 Badgers.



BYU does have the benefit of playing the Badgers the week before the border battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe. Minnesota's tricky this year, so perhaps the Badgers might be looking ahead to the Gophers'

Man, when did we all become so pessimistic, 11 point spread? Highly unlikely. If I put myself in Wisconsin's shoes after the game, I'm much more worried about BYU coming to town. Iowa, had they finished some drives easily could have had a shot at that game. May be the same with BYU next week, but I think BYU's been pretty efficient at getting the ball in the endzone recently. Should be a fun game. No prediction from me. Each time I've predicted this year, BYU has lost. :)
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.