Archived Topic

Calling my shot

by SpiffCoug · 11/1/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Utah will give up AT LEAST 110 points in their next two games.



They're home to Arizona St (who have already put up 35 in the first 25 minute at Washington St) and then on the road to Utah.



I don't think they get to a bowl game either. I think they finish the year 5-7 losers of 6 of their last 8.
B
BYULV
I'm. Not convinced they get bowl eligible, but I doubt they give up that many points, their D is pretty good still.
C
Cougs_Rule
55 points in two straight games? Doesn't that defy recent stats and trends? Bold prediction. I would love to see that.



BYU and Stanford wins keep Kryle off The hot seat.
F
frdbtr
I've been posting for days that utah won't make a bowl game.
S
Stirfry
They're in big trouble against ASU but they still get WSU which looked really bad a times yesterday. Maybe ASU is that good (in which case we might be in trouble at Wisc) but Wash State looked really bad.



With any luck they lose to ASU and OU and then beat WSU. Everything comes down to Colorado and they get punked again by the Buffs!
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
55 points in two straight games? Doesn't that defy recent stats and trends? Bold prediction. I would love to see that.



BYU and Stanford wins keep Kryle off The hot seat.

Arizona St scored 55 on the road last night (42 in the 1st half). They have scored 53 or more in five of their eight games including four of last five.



Oregon has scored 55 or more in six of their eight games.



It would almost defy recent trends if those teams didn't score that much!
C
Cougs_Rule
SpiffCoug wrote:
55 points in two straight games? Doesn't that defy recent stats and trends? Bold prediction. I would love to see that.



BYU and Stanford wins keep Kryle off The hot seat.

Arizona St scored 55 on the road last night (42 in the 1st half). They have scored 53 or more in five of their eight games including four of last five.



Oregon has scored 55 or more in six of their eight games.



It would almost defy recent trends if those teams didn't score that much!


Fair enough. I was meaning that Utahs D might not be as prone to give up that many on an ASU O that is good but not crazy good like Oregon. But, that would be a great demoralizer and funny.
M
mormonrasta
SpiffCoug wrote:
Utah will give up AT LEAST 110 points in their next two games.



They're home to Arizona St (who have already put up 35 in the first 25 minute at Washington St) and then on the road to Utah.



I don't think they get to a bowl game either. I think they finish the year 5-7 losers of 6 of their last 8.


I love the bold prediction. I'm in the 5-7 camp myself.



However, if you took the 2 highest points allowed games for Utah since 2011 it would be 51 against Oregon St. this year and 38 against USC last year. I think the Utes will be able to hold both Oregon and ASU in the 40s.
N
nuk13
SpiffCoug wrote:
Utah will give up AT LEAST 110 points in their next two games.



They're home to Arizona St (who have already put up 35 in the first 25 minute at Washington St) and then on the road to Utah.



I don't think they get to a bowl game either. I think they finish the year 5-7 losers of 6 of their last 8.


If that happens I'll bet Weber State will be laughing their heads off. So will Wyoming's ex players and coaches that had them do the onside kick when up by 50. They won't be the only ones.
S
snoscythe
If Wilson is under center, his 4 picks per game should help the Devils and Ducks get some high scoring games.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Believe me, it's everyone's right to follow the Pukes, but these few years separated from them (conference wise), I'm still amazed how many threads on the Pukes appear on here and on CB. It's easy for me to not worry about them or how they will do. If something wild happens and I can actually see one of their games on their Puke12 Network, I would watch it if there were no other interesting games as I do love to watch them get beat.
S
scott715
I would only watch for a minute. Don't want to help their crappy ratings.
B
BerliNY
scott715 wrote:
I would only watch for a minute. Don't want to help their crappy ratings.


Screw the ratings, if Utah is losing 55-something 2 games in a row, that's must-see-tv in my book.
F
frdbtr
Watching the utes get whipped weekly by average teams in the pac 12 (like usc this year and Arizona), is like watching a car wreck. You just can't help but look.
C
Cougs_Rule
frdbtr wrote:
Watching the utes get whipped weekly by average teams in the pac 12 (like usc this year and Arizona), is like watching a car wreck. You just can't help but look.


Agreed! Hearing the painful scores isn't enough. Have to at least see the highlights of the slow death. That helps replace the images of our own slaying at the hands of the PUkes.
Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
Arizona St. was playing pich and catch last night. WSU's LB's and secondary looked lost and unmotivated. Putting 50 up on Colorado doesn't prove much either. The games I've been impressed by was putting 62 on USC and sending Kiffin into the sunset. Looking over ASU's schedule I'd look at Stanford, ND, Wisconsin and USC as a good measuring stick.

I think the utes give up 30 points minimum to ASU and 40-50 to Oregon. I'd call 75 points or less over the 2 game stretch a victory.
V
vancouvercougar
BerliNY wrote:
I would only watch for a minute. Don't want to help their crappy ratings.


Screw the ratings, if Utah is losing 55-something 2 games in a row, that's must-see-tv in my book.


I have tickets to the Oregon vs Utah game. A friend of mine has Duck season tickets, and he gave me his tickets for my birthday. I like the Ducks--my number 2 team to root for. I am hoping for a real whipping of the :utard: by Oregon.
Y
Yndian
scott715 wrote:
I would only watch for a minute. Don't want to help their crappy ratings.


Don't worry, unless you're a Nielsen family, whether you watch or not will have no effect on the ratings.
S
scott715
You're telling me Directv does not know what I watch.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.