Archived Topic

JD Falslev having surgery on his hand

by scott715 · 10/31/2013

Advertisement
S
scott715
@bholmesays on twitter saying that Falslev is getting surgery on his hand for an injury that he sustained at Provo Beach Resort the other day. He's not exactly sure what the severity of the injury/surgery is.
J
jonnylingo
jd's twitter seems to confirm this by saying he is going under the knife.
M
mtnradio
@gregwrubell tweets:

Jorgensen: surgery next week to repair cartilage damage to his knee; Falslev: had surgery today to repair a fractured hand.



Doesn't sound like good news :~(
S
scott715
out 3-4 weeks with fractured hand.
G
Gunk
I broke my hand a couple years ago. I opted not to do the surgery. Wish I had since the turn around time is shorter. Add in the bone stymulater they have for the football players, etc and he ought to be back on the field in three weeks.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
I guess we are about to find out who the back-up punt returner is. When I first saw the headline, I thought, no wonder he started fumbling punts a few weeks ago and seemingly has been handcuffed ever since by coaches. But posts seem to indicate that this injury just happened.



If Unga can play with a broken hand......



Nah. Let it heal.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Can anyone verify whether or not JD's injury came at a team event at Provo Beach Resort? I know it was there, but was it a team event?
S
scott715
Team yes. Saw a video yesterday of Peeples wiping out on the surf.
I
IowaCougar
That's really too bad. The article says they don't expect him back until the bowl game. It's too bad that he got injured at a team event, but you can't live in a bubble. Things happen.
Y
Yzzazz
This will have an effect on the game. Hopefully any errors on special teams can be neutralized.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Hopefully the team goes back to watching movies for their team activities during Fall Camp and the season.
S
stgeorgefan
Punt returns aside, who starts in the slot now? I'd love to see Marcus Mathews get some time. It would be like another TE running around.
J
jonnylingo
stgeorgefan wrote:
Punt returns aside, who starts in the slot now? I'd love to see Marcus Mathews get some time. It would be like another TE running around.


Hopefully we don't see more of thornton. i was not impressed with him.
S
stgeorgefan
jonnylingo wrote:
Punt returns aside, who starts in the slot now? I'd love to see Marcus Mathews get some time. It would be like another TE running around.


Hopefully we don't see more of thornton. i was not impressed with him.


Me either. Thorntons size seems to be more of a traditional slot receiver. I am suprised Marcus hasn't seen more field time. I wonder what the problem is; new talent?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.