Archived Topic

BYU Football and The Amazing Race

by Wolverine · 10/28/2013

Advertisement
W
Wolverine
So I am watching The Amazing Race last night and the teams are in Gdansk, Poland. Some onlookers step out of the crowd in the city center to throw some money in the pot to help a team move on from their roadblock. The man who stepped forward from the crowd is wearing a blue t-shirt with huge letters that say "BYU FOOTBALL", and the woman is wearing a similar shirt with the words "COUGAR FOOTBALL". Independence, ESPN, and BYU TV is truly creating a worldwide fan base ;)
T
Troianni
Noooo, they don't show games here in Poland, I'm just a fan which follows BYU forever and now I'm living in Poland. That's why I always have a BYU shirt on, you cannot believe how many times I meet people because of it. Nothing like appearing in national TV though.

GO COUGARS!!!!
G
Guest
BYU is an international brand.
S
Schmoe
Troianni wrote:
Noooo, they don't show games here in Poland, I'm just a fan which follows BYU forever and now I'm living in Poland. That's why I always have a BYU shirt on, you cannot believe how many times I meet people because of it. Nothing like appearing in national TV though.

GO COUGARS!!!!


Do you have access to byutvsports.com? You can catch most of the games there (replays, of course).
T
Troianni
I have a slingbox in a friends house in Utah so I can watch all the games. The only problem is the time of the games. The game against Utah State for example ended 5:30 AM, time only for shower and go to church to have correlation with missionaries. My wife was not too happy that I let a snore scape during Sacrament meeting. It's all worth...
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
Troianni wrote:
I have a slingbox in a friends house in Utah so I can watch all the games. The only problem is the time of the games. The game against Utah State for example ended 5:30 AM, time only for shower and go to church to have correlation with missionaries. My wife was not too happy that I let a snore scape during Sacrament meeting. It's all worth...


So that was you and your wife on national tv? Awesome! You looked great sporting your true colors :) I guess "Rise and Shout" takes on a literal meaning at 5:30 in the morning ;)
G
Gunk
Saw the same thing on Amazing Race. Got a good chuckle out of it and the contestants were asked to name two BYU QBs, but I don't think they got it.
T
Troianni
Actually, that was funny. They edit the show a lot so they didn't show a big part of it. I first ask for 3 QB's they could not name one, then I asked for 2 and one said Joe Montana and the other said Troy Aikman. I was going to put the money back in my wallet when my kids attacked me and took the money from my hands. After the fact, I was just telling my family, I just hope that we helped the good guys and not the obnoxious ones. It was a huge coincidence, since I live in Warsaw which is 5 hours south of Gdansk. I just had arrived to take my wife and son to the Bon Jovi concert when we saw the Amazing Race guys and since we love the show.....

Talking about football now, If BYU beats Winsconsin, I’ll try to get tickets for the ND game. It’ll be an Amazing Race for me, will spend the weekend in airplanes and airports but It will be worth!!!
G
Guest
Everyone should catch a game at Notre Dame once in their life, so for you I hope we beat Wisconsin so you can make the trip.
J
jonnylingo
Troianni wrote:
Actually, that was funny. They edit the show a lot so they didn't show a big part of it. I first ask for 3 QB's they could not name one, then I asked for 2 and one said Joe Montana and the other said Troy Aikman. I was going to put the money back in my wallet when my kids attacked me and took the money from my hands. After the fact, I was just telling my family, I just hope that we helped the good guys and not the obnoxious ones. It was a huge coincidence, since I live in Warsaw which is 5 hours south of Gdansk. I just had arrived to take my wife and son to the Bon Jovi concert when we saw the Amazing Race guys and since we love the show.....

Talking about football now, If BYU beats Winsconsin, I’ll try to get tickets for the ND game. It’ll be an Amazing Race for me, will spend the weekend in airplanes and airports but It will be worth!!!


You my friend may be one of the best byu fans in existence! Well done!
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Troianni wrote:
Actually, that was funny. They edit the show a lot so they didn't show a big part of it. I first ask for 3 QB's they could not name one, then I asked for 2 and one said Joe Montana and the other said Troy Aikman. I was going to put the money back in my wallet when my kids attacked me and took the money from my hands. After the fact, I was just telling my family, I just hope that we helped the good guys and not the obnoxious ones. It was a huge coincidence, since I live in Warsaw which is 5 hours south of Gdansk. I just had arrived to take my wife and son to the Bon Jovi concert when we saw the Amazing Race guys and since we love the show.....

Talking about football now, If BYU beats Winsconsin, I’ll try to get tickets for the ND game. It’ll be an Amazing Race for me, will spend the weekend in airplanes and airports but It will be worth!!!


Classic.



And what are the odds you'd be a cougarcorner fan. Goes to show the reach of BYU and Cougarcorner.



Hope you make it to ND.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
craigoscarson
Super cool, I just downloaded the torrent and watched it... You can't buy that kind of good PR.!!!
S
SpiffCoug
Unfortunately, I think he did help the wrong team!
S
scott715
Didn't they get eliminated in the show?
S
SpiffCoug
No, he helped the Afghan cousins. The best friends from Georgia were eliminated - because they were U-turned by the Afghanis.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.