Archived Topic

BYU Fans are the worst . . .

by BYULV · 10/28/2013

Advertisement
B
BYULV
. . . All I wanted to do was enjoy Disneyland with my family, then get back to our rented house and watch the BYU - BSU game I had DVR'd, without knowing the outcome. I took extra precautions by not wearing any BYU gear, not approaching/making conversation with anyone wearing BYU OR Utah clothingafter kickoff time and by not bringing up BYU with any friends I came across. This didn't work at all, I got no less than 10 game updates and congratulations on the win before I watched the game, without even trying. It didn't help that my son and wife wore BYU shirts, everyone updated them, I tried to walk away and not hear and was somewhat successful avoiding strangers. For some reason any friends I ran into felt the need to throw in a game update, even if I was already walking away. One guy asked me a medical question then blurts out, "31-13, Yeah!" There's no rhyme or reason, cougar fans just can't help but bring up the success or failure of their team. I usually love talking about BYU sports with anyone and everyone, unfortunately, there is no way to avoid conversation when you want to avoid it, short of putting yourself in a Cougar-free bubble.



I guess this is evidence of the power of Cougar Nation. Better this than being in obscurity.

:evil: :crazy: :evil: :crazy: 8)
C
CAFB_04-12
That sucks. I have to enter what I call complete media blackout if I am going to do the whole "catch the game on the DVR" thing. No phone, no internet, no talking to people if I can manage (especially my parents). There's no accounting for random BYU fans at Disneyland though.
G
golong
You can avoid this whole, stressful situation by welcoming the updates and then sitting down with your DVR and enjoying every minute of the game--knowing the outcome. The game is much more enjoyable this way...and then you won't post dumb threads about how bad BYU fans are. Those fans have every right to enjoy the game as it progresses, and every right to broadcast it to anyone within earshot. Besides, you had not informed the entire planet that you, somehow especially, are entitled to not be spoken to about the BYU game.
P
Phatgreen
golong wrote:
You can avoid this whole, stressful situation by welcoming the updates and then sitting down with your DVR and enjoying every minute of the game--knowing the outcome. The game is much more enjoyable this way...and then you won't post dumb threads about how bad BYU fans are. Those fans have every right to enjoy the game as it progresses, and every right to broadcast it to anyone within earshot. Besides, you had not informed the entire planet that you, somehow especially, are entitled to not be spoken to about the BYU game.


Is it just me, or did you miss the sarcasm in the original post?
C
CAFB_04-12
golong wrote:
You can avoid this whole, stressful situation by welcoming the updates and then sitting down with your DVR and enjoying every minute of the game--knowing the outcome. The game is much more enjoyable this way...and then you won't post dumb threads about how bad BYU fans are. Those fans have every right to enjoy the game as it progresses, and every right to broadcast it to anyone within earshot. Besides, you had not informed the entire planet that you, somehow especially, are entitled to not be spoken to about the BYU game.

Jeez, lighten up.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Phatgreen wrote:
You can avoid this whole, stressful situation by welcoming the updates and then sitting down with your DVR and enjoying every minute of the game--knowing the outcome. The game is much more enjoyable this way...and then you won't post dumb threads about how bad BYU fans are. Those fans have every right to enjoy the game as it progresses, and every right to broadcast it to anyone within earshot. Besides, you had not informed the entire planet that you, somehow especially, are entitled to not be spoken to about the BYU game.


Is it just me, or did you miss the sarcasm in the original post?


Sorry, forgot to use the sarcasm emoticon; not sure which one it is. It actually is pretty incredible that I can drive 4 hrs from home, 9 hours from Cougartown, try to avoid BYU contact and still get inundated with lots of BYU propaganda (and even some anti-BYU jeers.) BYU has an awesome fan base awesome fans.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.