stgeorgefan wrote:
Yes, but that was OSU's only loss and they'd been at the top nationally in a few offensive categories.
OSU has had Mannion putting up crazy number but Byu's offensive number haven't been bad either. TH's rushing #'s and a nationally televised rushing beat down on Texas to me is greater than mannion putting up great Qb numbers. OSU hasn't beaten anyone of any importance(all teams with losing/.500 records) since losing to eastern Wash. Byu to me has a better resume.
Fair point on BYU's #s. With only 1 loss, as OSU had when ranked last week, I think the Y would have been ranked as well. With 2 losses, 1 of which was to stinker, neither OSU or BYU is ranked this week.
BYU will fall further down during the bye week but if they beat Wisconsin I think they crack the polls in 2 weeks.
Similar with OSU. If they beat USC this week, and I think they can, they'll be in the 27-24 range. They'll slip the following week due to their bye but if they beat ASU the next week, they'll be back in with an 8-2 record.
BYU will be ranked higher at that point, though, but just barely as we bump up just 1 spot following a win over Idaho St. That sets up an epic game against ND the following week, where I'll be screaming myself hoarse in South Bend.
Yeah. Just like that. ;)