Archived Topic

Top 50 and Chocolate/Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies

by urroner · 10/26/2013

Advertisement
U
urroner
I'm baking some chocolate/peanut butter chip chocolate cookies for my ward's Trunk or Treat this afternoon and watching Top 50 plays on BYUTV. Totally awesome. Seeing some plays I've forgotten.



I've only seen the first 20 so far, but it's awesome that the goal line stand against BSU was on it. The kicker's, Payne, two tackles from the same game were on it also.



The one that kind of puzzled me initially was the Nelson to Hoffman td pass in the Tulsa game. It was great, but not a top fifty play, then when they showed it again, I saw this helmet go flying in the middle of the play and some helmetless lineman creaming a Tulsa pass rusher. It was Reynolds and that was the top fifty play. I remembered it then.



I love it when O linemen make awesome plays and are recognized for doing so. They are so under recognized.



Good plays, but not as good as my cookies. BTW, each cookie is made from a quarter cup of cookie dough.
C
craigoscarson
urroner wrote:
I'm baking some chocolate/peanut butter chip chocolate cookies for my ward's Trunk or Treat this afternoon and watching Top 50 plays on BYUTV. Totally awesome. Seeing some plays I've forgotten.



I've only seen the first 20 so far, but it's awesome that the goal line stand against BSU was on it. The kicker's, Payne, two tackles from the same game were on it also.



The one that kind of puzzled me initially was the Nelson to Hoffman td pass in the Tulsa game. It was great, but not a top fifty play, then when they showed it again, I saw this helmet go flying in the middle of the play and some helmetless lineman creaming a Tulsa pass rusher. It was Reynolds and that was the top fifty play. I remembered it then.



I love it when O linemen make awesome plays and are recognized for doing so. They are so under recognized.



Good plays, but not as good as my cookies. BTW, each cookie is made from a quarter cup of cookie dough.


Good plays, bad list... way out of whack... what I enjoyed the most from the program was getting to say "I was there" for the Cotton Bowl or "I was there" for the Oklahoma game etc. etc. etc. It's fun to relive the games you saw in person.



But the list.... needs a revision from a historical significance perspective and from a football perspective
U
urroner
craigoscarson wrote:



Good plays, bad list... way out of whack... what I enjoyed the most from the program was getting to say "I was there" for the Cotton Bowl or "I was there" for the Oklahoma game etc. etc. etc. It's fun to relive the games you saw in person.



But the list.... needs a revision from a historical significance perspective and from a football perspective


I agree. I'm sure there were some awesome plays before the late 70s, but it was voted on by the viewers and there is that bias of having seen it and making it more important than something you haven't seen.



Personally, and I saw the play on TV, was the Hail Mary thrown by McMahon, a Catholic, to Clay Brown, also a Catholic, to save the Mormons' butts from the Methodists. The three guys I was watching the game with and I had given up hope late in the fourth quarter and it was really late here in Florida and I was tired. I went out to the car, but had forgotten something, I went back into my friend's house and the comeback had just started with about four minutes to go.



I remember my friends and I jumping up and down screaming and yelling after the block punt and the roof came off when Clay Brown came down with that pass. We were all acting like Bronco in that video on all of Hawkwing's posts. One of the neighbors came over to see if anybody had been killed in the huge fight going on in the house.



To me, that play should have been the number one play, but, I have to recuse myself since I saw the play and I'm a huge, huge, HUGE Jim McMahon fan. In spite of all his flaws, none of them are worse than mine, and I love his "keep me in coach and I win the game for ya" attitude.



I really hope he is able to get into the BYU Hall of Fame.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.