Archived Topic

So, Wittingham's son allegedly punches...

by Mithrandir · 12/1/2009

Advertisement
M
Mithrandir
a dude, steals a blackberry and breaks a video camera...Utah's football team commits 5 personal foul penalties in the first half alone (6 total)...President kimball was hung in effigy from the stadium by Ute fans prior to the game and all the media, Ute Fans, and even a good share of BYU fans can talk about are a few salty words spoken by an emotional player after the final regular season game of his career? Are you kidding me?!



Where's the outrage over the cheapshots and dirty play? Where are the stories about Wittingham's son?



I agree with Max. From top to bottom, the Utah program lacks any semblance of class. From coaches, to players, to fans; they are course, unrefined and undignified. Far too many Utah "fans" see the rivalry less as a sporting event and more an opportunity to express their hatred of all things mormon. In truth I don't think alot of utah "fans" they are really "fans" at all. The Utah football program merely serves as a vehicle to channel their hostility towards the church.



Please spare me the "majority of Utah fans are great", and the "BYU fans are just as bad", stuff...I've attended BYU games at every MWC venue, and I can say with authority that only Wyoming fans are as nasty as Utah fans. While I've never had beer poured on me in RES, I have had f-bombs and half full bottles of non-alcoholic beverages hurled at me. Having been to nearly every BYU home game since about 1982, the only bottles I've ever seen thrown in or from the stands in LES were from Utah fans at the end of Saturday's game.



I've had fairly recent conversations with Boise State, Colorado State, Air Force and Arizona fans who have travelled to both RES and LES for games. Universally, they say that they enjoyed their experience at LES and were treated with disrespect and even hostility at RES. I cannot see a well behaved fan of an opposing team (including Utah) entering LES and getting the same kind of treatment they are likely to receive at RES.



I really don't know what my point was in all of this. I guess I'm just tired of all the Max hate when all he did was dare to utter what most of us have thought and said privately for years.
K
kfilly20
This is a completely true story ...... Last year I walk into my friends living room to watch the BYU Utah game. For some reason, Im not sure why, I start off the game with the comment, " All utah fans are white trash slobs!"

Now there are a few Utah fans in the room, they of course start to argue with me ..... until ...... I point out this. Out of the 4 utah fans in the room there are 2 high school drop outs, 3 divorces, 2 children out of wedlock, and 0 college diplomas. Of the 6 byu fans there are 2 dentists, 1 dental school student, 4 marriages that are still going, and 2 of them currently pursuing their masters. When all this was pointed out they had nothing to say. We are all still friends .... but now they know where they stand.
C
CAFB_04-12
...pumping your gas, no doubt.



So, where are these stories about Whittingham's son being reported? Internet slander/rumor?
S
Schmoe
I know, it's all speculations and rumors at this point, but I heard that Whittingham's son tried to get the BYU kid off of the guy who broke his camera. Which would make sense since they were right there and would probably explain why his mom was involved and took an inadvertent elbow to the face.
G
Guest
I hope they release the pictures. The phone may have been broken, but it should be possible to get the photos off the memory card.
Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
Mithrandir wrote:

I've had fairly recent conversations with Boise State, Colorado State, Air Force and Arizona fans who have travelled to both RES and LES for games. Universally, they say that they enjoyed their experience at LES and were treated with disrespect and even hostility at RES. I cannot see a well behaved fan of an opposing team (including Utah) entering LES and getting the same kind of treatment they are likely to receive at RES.


Yeah I would have to agree with this. I often do look at other fan's forums that play us, and for the most part for the fans that travel here to play typically just have good things to say about our fans, and our program.



I do wonder if maybe when Utah does come that we hold them to a bit of a different standard. I mean I personally like to go to games, and I almost never try to start something with a fan from the other team. I would like to be respected and so I try to not bother them, in hopes that they don't bother me, but what I was thinking is maybe when your rival comes to your place it's a little harder to keep your cool, thus all the Ute fans saying that we're classless and that's why fans of other teams hate us. Blah blah blah. (Although I think outside the MWC I doubt they're a many teams that actually 'HATE" us. I mean mormons can be weird, and it's something that people find really strange, that a group of people can be just so happy all the time, and for some people it's really an easy religion to make fun of. (I'm not saying I agree with that.)



I guess what I'm getting at is I honestly think that if you're not a Ute fan, I think it's pretty easy to get along with BYU fans at games, it's just when you get the 2 together like most rivalries they just hate each other, and I do think a lot of our fans are "classless to Utah fans, but I do believe that they're just a little bit worse than us, and that's actually okay, because would it really be all the fun for both sides to just love each other in a rivalry? And I also feel like mentioning that I do actually respect people like Max Hall, who will actually say what they think when in the spotlight. It's really not an issue to discuss both sides really do hate each other, and definitely some people take it too far, but it's all just part of the game.



I just hope that we as BYU fans try our best to respect other fans from other teams when we're playing them, but it really don't think you truly have to respect the other team when that team is your rival. ;) (I'm not saying go out there and try to get in a fight or anything... but that's what I guess I was trying to say.
I
Italics
I wouldn't have elbowed Whitt's wife, just shoved some cheese nacho's in her face and then lit her purse on fire.

I'd of course put the fire out as soon as she handed me her credit card to buy myself a new phone.

Being a woman doesn't excuse you from being a complete moron.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.