Archived Topic

Game ball goes to...

by BigCougsFan · 10/26/2013

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Who do you pick and why?
C
craigoscarson
I'm giving it to the D. 4 turnovers is usually the death nail to any team. Not their fault that the offense didn't score much on them. Our field position was also awesome because of the D.
B
BroncoBot
craigoscarson wrote:
I'm giving it to the D. 4 turnovers is usually the death nail to any team. Not their fault that the offense didn't score much on them. Our field position was also awesome because of the D.

I (and Coach Peterson agrees) believe that the four turnovers forced WERE the death knell. regardless of the ineptitude of the Offense in the 2nd half of the 2nd half.
M
mizzoucoug
The D, but it only gets a B from me. So many missed tackles again this week. That has got to change, but they also made many great plays including the turnovers that came about due to excellent swarming.
F
frdbtr
I think that the whole team started getting tired in the 3rd quarter. after the last 2 games, our bye week couldn't come at a better time. I gave the game ball to Taysom, 400+ yards of total offense again is unreal, and dude is only a sophomore.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
I think that the whole team started getting tired in the 3rd quarter. after the last 2 games, our bye week couldn't come at a better time. I gave the game ball to Taysom, 400+ yards of total offense again is unreal, and dude is only a sophomore.

Hill's last 5 games have been awesome.
S
SpiffCoug
It starts with the QB. Get quality play from that spot and you win a lot of games.
C
Cougs_Rule
Anae. For finally remembering he has Tight Ends and ten using them!
S
Stirfry
WR (ok it should be Taysom) but 2 awesome catches from Hoffman and some fight out of Apo. Hoffmans juggling catch on the long ball was great and his TD was awesome. Apo gets his 3rd td in 2 games and fights for a ball over the middle and comes up with it. I don't remember seeing that out of Apo since the early Heaps days.
U
UliUli79
Went with Hill on this one. Last week his interceptions marred what was otherwise an amazing game. This week he was almost perfect. Have to give props to the defense though. They did seal the game.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
Stirfry wrote:
WR (ok it should be Taysom) but 2 awesome catches from Hoffman and some fight out of Apo. Hoffmans juggling catch on the long ball was great and his TD was awesome. Apo gets his 3rd td in 2 games and fights for a ball over the middle and comes up with it. I don't remember seeing that out of Apo since the early Heaps days.

I hadn't seen it mentioned, but I heard Apo say in his post-game interview last week that he is finally getting over his injured shoulder. He said that it's been so bad that it was dislocating while doing things as simple as walking. Now I can understand his hesitation in really reaching for passes. I'm surprised that he was playing at all under those circumstances.
B
BOID
I gave it to Hill. Even with the great play of the others, Hill remains the most essential element, the catalyst, the leader. Remarkable for an under classman. Also, he made four accurate TD passes. Yes, that's four. It was a beautiful pass to Hoffman, a legitimate score before the hit that was ruled as targeting. It was an incredibly brazen act for the officials to ignore the TD. I believe that they thought the targeting penalty and player ejection was a reasonable excuse to pretend that the TD had not already happened. Hoff's feet were on the EZ turf while he had both hands on the ball demonstrating obvious control and possession before the hit. Not only that, but he also kept his hold on the ball after the hit, as he fell. The ball did not dislodge until he struck the turf. At any rate, that scoring pass to Hoffman was a thing of beauty, and the bogus official ruling does not erase the facts that Taysom threw it, and that Hoffman caught it. In reality, then, that's four TD passes and zero interceptions against a good team with a then 5-2 record. Hill's the man, especially when you consider that he also achieved four TD passes against 5-2 teams twice in as many weeks.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
I was really pleased with the tight ends this game. It's about time they showed up, Or it's about time The OC decided to use them.
D
Double
I agree that Hill played well and I voted for him. But I also think that the O-Line did a nice job yesterday. I know their unit was not listed in this vote, but I think they continue to improve.
B
BOID
BOID wrote:
I gave it to Hill. Even with the great play of the others, Hill remains the most essential element, the catalyst, the leader. Remarkable for an under classman. Also, he made four accurate TD passes. Yes, that's four. It was a beautiful pass to Hoffman, a legitimate score before the hit that was ruled as targeting. It was an incredibly brazen act for the officials to ignore the TD. I believe that they thought the targeting penalty and player ejection was a reasonable excuse to pretend that the TD had not already happened. Hoff's feet were on the EZ turf while he had both hands on the ball demonstrating obvious control and possession before the hit. Not only that, but he also kept his hold on the ball after the hit, as he fell. The ball did not dislodge until he struck the turf. At any rate, that scoring pass to Hoffman was a thing of beauty, and the bogus official ruling does not erase the facts that Taysom threw it, and that Hoffman caught it. In reality, then, that's four TD passes and zero interceptions against a good team with a then 5-2 record. Hill's the man, especially when you consider that he also achieved four TD passes against 5-2 teams twice in as many weeks.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Just wanted to correct an error: UH was then 5-0, not 5-2. So that's four Passing TD's against five win teams twice in as many weeks, with one of those teams now cruising toward 6-1 (UH).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
golong
I thought one of the choices should have been Cody Hoffman for some tough catches and breaking Collie's record.



Also, has anyone noticed how open Mitch Mathews gets? and he is a big target, and can jump, and has great hands. He could be a record breaker for next year.
H
HoosierCougar
The D. Four TOs. Bronco's teams have been much maligned for not creating TOs. So reward them when they do. Game ball.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
Florwood
UliUli79 wrote:
Went with Hill on this one. Last week his interceptions marred what was otherwise an amazing game. This week he was almost perfect. Have to give props to the defense though. They did seal the game.


I like your sig quote from Tagore...
U
UliUli79
Florwood wrote:
Went with Hill on this one. Last week his interceptions marred what was otherwise an amazing game. This week he was almost perfect. Have to give props to the defense though. They did seal the game.


I like your sig quote from Tagore...


Wish I could claim that I was that well read. Love the quote as well, but I picked it up from Pres. Monson who quoted it a few years back. It's really stuck as a life motto for me.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.