Archived Topic

Typical LDS/anti-BYU guy

by KingCoug · 10/25/2013

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
Check this thread out (entitled "Cougar Hate Week") on this Boise State fan site.

http://www.obnug.com/2013/10/22/4866220/cougar-hate-week" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;







* By his own admission he basically started rooting for Boise State as a way to rebel against the "expectation" of rooting for BYU. (If he lived in Utah, he'd be rooting for the Utes).



* He doesn't respect BYU's football program? Uh, why?



* While trying to keep the anti-Mormon talk at bay, he finds himself apologizing right and left for perceived offenses his fellow BSU fans have suffered at the hands of those high-horse Mormons.





I much more offended/disgusted by this guy than by the BSU fans who are bringing religion into their smack talk. They don't know any better (and at least they realize BYU and the Church are intertwined). What's his excuse for his spineless, mealy-mouthing, disloyalty? What a pr!ck.



I respect Chris Petersen as a coach (and we better not underestimate him) but I really want to see us stomp the Broncos into the ground. :angry:
S
snoscythe
It's a her.
S
Sammich
I was actually impressed with most of the comments. Lots of BYU resentment but mostly because of a prevalent "we're the best in every way" attitude which they believe isn't justified. I disagree that BYU fans have more of that attitude than any perennially successful school, but I also get that many other schools type "BYU fan board" or whatever into Google and follow the first link to Cougarboard. I wouldn't have a very high opinion of BYU either if it were based solely on CB.
I
IowaCougar
The post I read was a poor attempt by an inactive member to sound cool by admitting she smokes and doesn't want to associate with the LDS environment. It's just sad.
B
BroncoBot
Probably has one of those awful "blue girl red state" stickers on her car. I hate going to Boise because I see those stickers and just shake my head. It's certainly not the Idaho that I grew up in.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.