Archived Topic

What do you think of the Skate for Hate promotion?

by hawkwing · 12/1/2009

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
That is about one of the most asinine promotions I ever heard of. Must be a SNOT graduate. Yea, like that promotion, which is a slap in the face to Max, would encourage me to attend one of their games. I'd purposely not attend that game if I wanted to go at all.



How do stupid people get into such positions to make such decisions?
A
ABYUFAN
"Encourage you not to pour beer on other's family members"... :skeptic: OK -it's "funny"? :roll: whatever sells tickets though right? :gross:
U
Ungoy
Seems classless to me as well.



Also funny, I just checked local news sites, and couldn't find anything about this, so either there's a double standard against BYU, and people can be d-bags all they want as long as they're thrashing BYU, or nobody cares about Utah Grizzlies hockey...



I'm inclined to believe that it's a little bit of both.


After Saturday's football game, there seemed to be a lot of hard feelings coming from our friends down south...



However, while the Max Hall situation still remains a sensitive matter, the Grizzlies organization asks that fans please make an effort to refrain from throwing beer on other people's family members.


The Grizzlies VP must be a :utard:



Edit: I forgot to check the SL Tribune... (I don't consider them a bonafide news source)



http://www.sltrib.com/grizzlies/ci_13901933


Never let it be said that hockey players don't have a sense of humor.



Playing off the controversy that arose out of the annual college football rivalry between Utah and Brigham Young -- quarterback Max Hall declared that he hated the Utes -- the Utah Grizzlies minor-league hockey team announced it's holding a "Skate for Hate" promotion at its game against the Ontario Reign at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the E Center in West Valley City.



Fans wearing either Utah red or BYU blue can buy $5 tickets -- and be seated at opposite ends of the arena. "Keeping the two groups of fans separated for the time being just seems like the right thing to do," said team Vice President Jared Youngman in a news release.



Hot dogs, sodas, French fries and draft beers will all be available for $2 as part of the team's standing "Wild $2 Wednesday" promotion, but "while the Max Hall situation still remains a sensitive matter," the Grizzlies asked in its announcement that fans "please make an effort to refrain from throwing beer on other people's family members."


So When you make fun of Max Hall and BYU and trash them, it's called having a sense of humor...

When you call out the :utard: for being classless and idiotic, you're over the top and out of line. Hmmm.....
S
Schmoe
Well, I won't be going to any more Grizz games.
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
I think it's pretty funny--if I were Max Hall, I'd be flattered that a local hockey team would be running a promotion based on it. If they asked me to drop the ceremonial first puck, I jump on the opportunity.



Why would the Grizzlies want offend BYU fans--they represent a significant amount of the Grizzlies' tarket fan base. I figure they're just trying to make light of a situation that people are taking too seriously.
M
Mars


I don't get what is offensive here to BYU fans. It seems like a great promotion to me. I'm amused.
I
Italics
no promotion will ever make hockey become unboring and unsucky.
M
Mingjai
Italics wrote:
no promotion will ever make hockey become unboring and unsucky.


I completely disagree. nm
L
Lawboy
Should have called it the "Can't we all just get along" promo. I like that one.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Lawboy wrote:
Should have called it the "Can't we all just get along" promo. I like that one.


Yeah, after getting more info about it, it's actually kind of a funny idea, but they could have chosen the name better. Maybe get discount tickets if one of you is in BYU gear and one is in Ute gear, I think that would be fun!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.