Archived Topic

Who to root for this week

by gmj81 · 12/1/2009

Advertisement
G
gmj81
Not that BYU has anything to gain this season really from moving up in the rankings but I'd love to finish in the top 10 of the final AP poll. In order to do so, I think the following would have to happen this week:



#16 Oregon State loses at #7 Oregon (we don't want the beavers jumping us)

#5 Cincy wins at #15 Pitt (we don't want the panthers jumping us)

NR Clemson wins at #10 G. Tech



Then I'd like to see Bama win the SEC championship game, then lose to Texas in the national championship game, and Florida lose to TCU in their BCS bowl. I almost guarantee that whatever Big Ten team(s) go BCS bowling will lose this year. And two losses by Florida to close out the season should drop them down to around #10 at best. And I'm counting on LSU, the most overrated team in the country to lose their bowl game too.



Hopefully finishing in the top 10 would do keep the recruiting momentum going from the 2010 class going.
L
Lawboy
Oregon State over Oregon, and Arizona over USC. Sets up better bowl matchups for BYU.
B
blue42
I would like to see Alabama beat Florida and Nebraska beat Texas, that way TCU jumps to #2 and then Alabama gets beat down for the second year in a row by a MWC team.
A
ABYUFAN
gmj81 wrote:
And two losses by Florida to close out the season should drop them down to around #10 at best. And I'm counting on LSU, the most overrated team in the country to lose their bowl game too.


A two loss Florida team with a win over FSU stays ranked ahead of a two loss BYU team that has a loss to FSU.
G
gmj81
blue42 wrote:
I would like to see Alabama beat Florida and Nebraska beat Texas, that way TCU jumps to #2 and then Alabama gets beat down for the second year in a row by a MWC team.


If Cincy beats Pitt, they would easily jump TCU to take Texas's spot, at least in the computer rankings, and probably the pollsters would give them the nod too. But I wouldn't mind seeing that scenario if it worked out.
Advertisement
S
Short_Change
I want to see Texas lose to Nebraska, and Cincy to lose to Pitt. If that happens, and I know that's a stretch, but if it does happen, TCU has got to be in the title game and that would be awesome!
B
blue42
gmj81 wrote:
I would like to see Alabama beat Florida and Nebraska beat Texas, that way TCU jumps to #2 and then Alabama gets beat down for the second year in a row by a MWC team.


If Cincy beats Pitt, they would easily jump TCU to take Texas's spot, at least in the computer rankings, and probably the pollsters would give them the nod too. But I wouldn't mind seeing that scenario if it worked out.


You are correct and I was already counting on that.
M
mormonrasta
Lawboy wrote:
Oregon State over Oregon, and Arizona over USC. Sets up better bowl matchups for BYU.



I agree OSU over Oregon, but I don't get Arizona over USC. The likely bowl matchup under that scenario would be OSU. They would probably be unranked.



Now if OSU beats Oregon, Cal beats UW, and USC beats Arizona the likely bowl matchup would be Cal which would be ranked well within the top 20.
B
BYUROCKS
gmj81 wrote:
Not that BYU has anything to gain this season really from moving up in the rankings but I'd love to finish in the top 10 of the final AP poll. In order to do so, I think the following would have to happen this week:



#16 Oregon State loses at #7 Oregon (we don't want the beavers jumping us)

#5 Cincy wins at #15 Pitt (we don't want the panthers jumping us)

NR Clemson wins at #10 G. Tech



Then I'd like to see Bama win the SEC championship game, then lose to Texas in the national championship game, and Florida lose to TCU in their BCS bowl. I almost guarantee that whatever Big Ten team(s) go BCS bowling will lose this year. And two losses by Florida to close out the season should drop them down to around #10 at best. And I'm counting on LSU, the most overrated team in the country to lose their bowl game too.



Hopefully finishing in the top 10 would do keep the recruiting momentum going from the 2010 class going.




NB over Texas in big 12 Chap game.

FL over Bama.

Pitt over Cincy.

OSU, over Org.

AZ over USC.
C
CAFB_04-12
Short_Change wrote:
I want to see Texas lose to Nebraska, and Cincy to lose to Pitt. If that happens, and I know that's a stretch, but if it does happen, TCU has got to be in the title game and that would be awesome!

I'm withya, bro. I'd also like to see Bama lose to Florida and see how the BCS computers deal with TCU then.
Advertisement
M
Mars
gmj81 wrote:
Then I'd like to see Bama win the SEC championship game, then lose to Texas in the national championship game, and Florida lose to TCU in their BCS bowl. I almost guarantee that whatever Big Ten team(s) go BCS bowling will lose this year. And two losses by Florida to close out the season should drop them down to around #10 at best. And I'm counting on LSU, the most overrated team in the country to lose their bowl game too.

If Florida loses their next two games, I still see them dropping as low as #7 AT THE WORST.
I
Italics
gmj81 wrote:
I would like to see Alabama beat Florida and Nebraska beat Texas, that way TCU jumps to #2 and then Alabama gets beat down for the second year in a row by a MWC team.


If Cincy beats Pitt, they would easily jump TCU to take Texas's spot, at least in the computer rankings, and probably the pollsters would give them the nod too. But I wouldn't mind seeing that scenario if it worked out.


Where has everyone in the country seem to have gotten this notion that Pitt is good this year?

Has anyone watched them play? They have the most crappy offense I've seen from any team in the BCS leagues... I'm not joke, they have THE most slow and boring offense I've seen. Horridly overrated team. Cinci is going to annihilate them.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.