Archived Topic

Scheduling thought

by scott715 · 10/21/2013

Advertisement
S
scott715
Fresno St lost their game with Colorado due to the storm. We could drop ISU and have FSU come to LES as they have an open date and only 11 games. What do you think?
B
BYULV
scott715 wrote:
Fresno St lost their game with Colorado due to the storm. We could drop ISU and have FSU come to LES as they have an open date and only 11 games. What do you think?


Or just tack them on at the end of the schedule? I'm up for another game.
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
Fresno St lost their game with Colorado due to the storm. We could drop ISU and have FSU come to LES as they have an open date and only 11 games. What do you think?


Or just tack them on at the end of the schedule? I'm up for another game.


Not to quible....ok never mind.....



Quibbling a little bit here but



1: I think we are playing I not ISU. ISU would be even weaker. But I have to admit, I could be wrong. But whichever it is, it is a gimme in a world where there usually are no gimmes.

2. Does Idaho get to vote. Someone would need to write them a check and find them an opponent. Wait. Colorado needs a win to go with their probable win over their new rival. They could play and possibly beat Idaho.

3. Ask me after we are bowl eligible.

4. Our schedule is tough enough. Let's swap Idaho, play Colorado, and let Fresno whop Idaho. We should take every opportunity to whip PAC teams on a level field or one tilted our way. And why not whop one in November.

5. It should not work this way - but the polls for the most part will reward a win over a PAC bottom feeder nearly as much as a win over a WACky MWC leader.

5. It would be fun to play Fresno State. Neutral field in Las Vegas - 4 1/2 hour drive. Count me in. And late season losses kill you.



We should not schedule teams like Idaho other than the fact that we owed them a favor for scheduling us when we needed an opponent. But smart scheduling would have had Colorado and Kansas on the docket this year instead of Idaho and MTSU. Only slightly more difficult or risky - but smells better.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Colorado,yes. FSU no. Not worth it. Good team. Tough game on already tough schedule. They wouldn't come to Provo on a one and done.
I
IowaCougar
BYU's schedule needs a patsy or two.
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
Cougarbib wrote:
scott715 wrote:
Fresno St lost their game with Colorado due to the storm. We could drop ISU and have FSU come to LES as they have an open date and only 11 games. What do you think?


Or just tack them on at the end of the schedule? I'm up for another game.


Not to quible....ok never mind.....



Quibbling a little bit here but



1: I think we are playing I not ISU. ISU would be even weaker. But I have to admit, I could be wrong. But whichever it is, it is a gimme in a world where there usually are no gimmes.

2. Does Idaho get to vote. Someone would need to write them a check and find them an opponent. Wait. Colorado needs a win to go with their probable win over their new rival. They could play and possibly beat Idaho.

3. Ask me after we are bowl eligible.

4. Our schedule is tough enough. Let's swap Idaho, play Colorado, and let Fresno whop Idaho. We should take every opportunity to whip PAC teams on a level field or one tilted our way. And why not whop one in November.

5. It should not work this way - but the polls for the most part will reward a win over a PAC bottom feeder nearly as much as a win over a WACky MWC leader.

5. It would be fun to play Fresno State. Neutral field in Las Vegas - 4 1/2 hour drive. Count me in. And late season losses kill you.



We should not schedule teams like Idaho other than the fact that we owed them a favor for scheduling us when we needed an opponent. But smart scheduling would have had Colorado and Kansas on the docket this year instead of Idaho and MTSU. Only slightly more difficult or risky - but smells better.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Nope, not I, but ISU as in the mighty Bengals from Pocatello, as in perennial Big Sky bottom feeders. This might be a welcome relief after Wisconsin.
C
Cougarbib
Yes. It is the Idaho State Bengals - not the University of Idaho Vandals. I am going to call a spud a spud here. See what I did there? Both are very poor foorball teams.



I feel a little bit bad for taking the Bengals so lightly that I did not even bother to remember exactly which Spud our Idaho boy Taters will be whooping it up on and was too lazy to even look it up.



I am against taking anyone lightly - not after @UTEP in El Paso in 1985, but I just could not help myself vs ISU in Provo.



I hope we give Taters and some other folks some well deserved rest that week. Maybe even have some fun and let KVN play wide receiver for a couple of plays and wildcat QB for a couple.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
CO already replaced the game and played it so that is not an option. Plus the schedule did not line up. FSU would get on ESPN and they would come here as they have 5 road games at the moment. I suspect they would not go for it.
M
Mars


The better version of Houston? Genius!
S
SpiffCoug
IowaCougar wrote:
BYU's schedule needs a patsy or two.

And for the opener.



Of course the way Virginia is playing, you could argue we tried that this year. :~(
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.