Archived Topic

Vote for Hill for Impact player of week

by scott715 · 10/21/2013

Advertisement
G
Guest
Voted, currently at 45%
D
Ddawg
Back @ 43%. Voted.
F
frdbtr
He's at 39% now.
E
EM_Puma
I was just curious and I went back in to see if individuals could vote more than once and it appears that they can as I voted once more.



Taysom @39% and Jameis Winston picking up ground at 35%
Advertisement
N
nuk13
Most of the comments are pro Hill. Some are saying Clemson is overrated. I believe it was said that Houston could beat them. Many noted the sacks and the o line problems without which he'd have had 600 yards of total offense. I would say Hill is a sophomore coming off an injury and has struggled to get his passing up to par. If the o line can do some gelling I say good luck to the rest of BYUs opponents.
M
MesaCougFan
39 / 35 TH
E
EM_Puma
Taysom Hill is still winning...only because the results are so uber -skewed by BYU fans. When Utah represents 20% of all the votes cast, it’s only a popularity poll and I believe we all knew that. I honestly am amazed that they even do these polls. I guess to get reactions from certain crowds to continue to logon to their site.



State/ # votes/ % votes for TH

AK 53 51

AL 223 52

AR 163 14

AZ 893 58

CA 2,420 48

CN 339 17

CO 692 39

DE 110 48

FL 1,234 10

GA 605 14

HA 248 51

IA 411 13

ID 587 83

IL 1,772 7

IN 818 13

KS 302 15

KY 414 14

LA 324 45

MA 658 17

MD 648 35

ME 94 7

MN 640 30

MO 702 15

MT 171 69

NC 763 19

ND 96 14

NE 246 17

NH 133 21

NJ 590 15

NM 125 41

NV 522 81

NY 1,290 16

OH 1,237 9

OK 268 17

OR 461 38

PA 1,193 13

RI 1,106 6

SC 315 10

SD 112 13

TN 414 14

TX 1,918 39

UT 7,149 97

VA 1,024 35

VT 43 7

WA 897 35

WI 834 12

WV 105 8

WY 101 49

World 10,899 37

Total 46,362
E
EM_Puma
It does appear that you can vote as many times as you want.



Taysom Hill was at 40%
S
scott715
Still 40-34%
Advertisement
S
scott715
40-36%
S
scott715
don't see the poll anymore. It must be closed.
I
IowaCougar
scott715 wrote:
Nope. still open but here is the new link.



http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/poll/conversation/_/id/4000897" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Leading 42-36%. Over 104,000 votes.

Thanks. I was just getting ready to ask how to vote, as the initial link shows the video, but no poll.



At 43% after I voted. I notice that Taysom is leading in Iowa!
M
mtnradio
Looks like he is leading is Mississippi too (unless my geography is wrong ... :whistle: ... I don't think that is South Carolina ... ;) )
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Someone reported at CB to have seen a blurb on ESPN announecing that Taysom Hill had won the award this week. Way to go Cougar fans. It really was amazing the fact that we collectively got him through. As I said, these polls don't mean beans as to who the real winner should be. I love that Hill had 400+ passing/100+ running (the first BYU QB to acomplish that feat), but in total reality, I am still hard pressed to believe that was the best performance when he threw 3 pics, one being a pick-six.
D
Ddawg
Excellent. I voted 4 times - used all my families computers (3) plus my work computer.



Glad he won. A very keel honor. Nice PR.
I
imuakahuku
What it does is show that even on the web the BYU fanbase is active and strong. More credibility that shows ESPN that BYU is a cash cow.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.