Archived Topic

We Practiced As If He Would Play

by Cougarbib · 10/20/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Bills was cleared to play mid-week by team doctors and Bronco indicates that BYU practiced as "if he would play".



Then, during warm-ups, some symptoms reappeared, so team doctors held him out of the game. At that point, little time to adjust any game plans and no time to practice any adjustments. So BYU had to figure it out on the fly, and it took a while.



I wonder how they will practice this week. I wonder if they were just being ultra conservative, or if there are longer term implications for Bills.



Medical Experts?



Insiders?



What do we make of this?
S
SpiffCoug
I call it progress when it comes to head/brain injuries. It shows that BYU (and football in general) is finally taking head/brain injuries seriously.



It shows that Bills was being honest with coaches about his symptoms. It shows that BYU didn't rely on a Wednesday clearing by team doctors, but wanted him to be cleared twice.



It probably did affect the game plan as it was a last minute change.



If I'm Bills I'm concerned because didn't his brother have to quit football due to concussions as well.



This probably also added to the precautionary measures.
L
Lawboy
I bet he plays Friday. We need him. Morgan is not as experienced or physically able.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
I call it progress when it comes to head/brain injuries. It shows that BYU (and football in general) is finally taking head/brain injuries seriously.



It shows that Bills was being honest with coaches about his symptoms. It shows that BYU didn't rely on a Wednesday clearing by team doctors, but wanted him to be cleared twice.



It probably did affect the game plan as it was a last minute change.



If I'm Bills I'm concerned because didn't his brother have to quit football due to concussions as well.



This probably also added to the precautionary measures.

brother had ACL injury IIRC.



Found it...



"Bills tore his ACL in practice and will miss the season. The redshirt freshman was listed as second on the depth chart behind junior Kyle Van Noy. There is a possibility that Kevan will get an extra season awarded for medical hardship. "
S
SpiffCoug
No, I think it was an older brother who was a grad/student assistant a few years back.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
SpiffCoug wrote:
I call it progress when it comes to head/brain injuries. It shows that BYU (and football in general) is finally taking head/brain injuries seriously.



It shows that Bills was being honest with coaches about his symptoms. It shows that BYU didn't rely on a Wednesday clearing by team doctors, but wanted him to be cleared twice.



It probably did affect the game plan as it was a last minute change.



If I'm Bills I'm concerned because didn't his brother have to quit football due to concussions as well.



This probably also added to the precautionary measures.


+1!!!!!!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.