Archived Topic

Bronco=Defensive Genius

by BigCougsFan · 10/19/2013

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Let's face it. The stud is a Defensive Genius!



I'm shocked he doesn't get multiple NFL offers willing to pay more money.



What I'm trying to figure out is... Why has all his corners sucked???



I get injuries, honor code violations, missed test exams, in-grown tow nails, whatever that dictates Bronco's product, BUT... What is up with our corners?!?!



They're ten yards back on plays. They're small"er", not as fast, but very good tacklers.



If Bronco is trying to become the best defensive mind in college play... He has to figure this out.
K
KYCoug
Makes you wonder what Bronco could do if he had a stable of top quality corners. We end up through injuries and what not with a patch work defensive backfield and still Bronco overachieves!
C
craigoscarson
Did Craig Bills play? Didn't hear his name once. If he didn't play, I can understand a little better what happened today, he's normally in on special teams and of course he's a steady and heavy hitting safety.



Van Noy was jogging on 2 plays where he was responsible for coverage and our open field tackling was awful.



If Bills plays... this game is very different.



I think this game is also very different if that kick doesn't get returned in the 1st quarter... we had a chance to step on their throats early and get them to play 1 dimensionally and we didn't do it.



Now that we're 5-2... you gotta wonder where we'd be with healthy Johnson and Trammel... 7-0 and top 10... possible
K
KYCoug
I think in the post game show they mentioned Bills with a concussion.
R
redneckjedi
The corners did give up some home runs, but each of them came up big with some late sacks. Corner is a terribly difficult position to recruit at BYU, and I think Bronco and our secondary coaches have done a great job of coaching what we have up to the level we need. Perfect example: Brian Logan. First D-1 start was against Oklahoma and Sam Bradford, the reigning Heisman trophy winner, but he was lights out that game. I think it's almost 100% injuries this season.
Advertisement
H
HoosierCougar
KYCoug wrote:
I think in the post game show they mentioned Bills with a concussion.




In the post game, Bronco said he became "symptomatic" again all of the sudden after being fine since last Sunday. Wonder if the plane ride or elevation had any impact.


craigoscarson wrote:
Did Craig Bills play? Didn't hear his name once. If he didn't play, I can understand a little better what happened today, he's normally in on special teams and of course he's a steady and heavy hitting safety.

...



If Bills plays... this game is very different.


totally agree, was thinking the same thing all game long watching Blake Morgan and Hague try and keep up. They are good, but Bills is better.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.