Archived Topic

BYU ranks 2 players in top 100

by BYULV · 10/16/2013

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
BYULV wrote:
Looks like we are getting some attention by the talking heads; CBS Sportsline ranking top 100 NCAA Bball players for this coming season, placing Haws at #34 and Erik Mika at #98. Hope this pans out at least like that, maybe Carlino and/or Collinsworth could work their way into the top 100, then we'd gave a tough team.



http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24088271/cbssportscom-top-100-players


Wonder how that correlates to the WCC preseason picks, etc.... haven't looked to see if Ireland, Pangos, etc. is ahead of Haws on the CBS poll



300+ teams in D1 hoops... to have 2 in the top 100 and potentially 2 more that could earn their way in is big... now do we have anyone that can play defense?
B
BYULV
Pantos:41

Ireland: 99



I'm fine with Pangos'' position, but I think Ireland is way low. Anthony Ireland is going to be an exceptional talent in the WCC and the West this year.
K
KYCoug
I have mixed feelings about this list. Kentucky has 7 players on the list and Louisville 4. It's great the Y has 2 but this does not measure the intangibles that mold players into a team. Kentucky with 6 McDonalds All American freshman coming in may be the best team in NCAA history or could be another one and done NIT fizzle like last year. It takes more than stars. I think Rose will do a great job with our guys. I'm glad we have him as our coach!



Go Cougs!



Larry Hatton

Louisville, KY
C
craigoscarson
KYCoug wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this list. Kentucky has 7 players on the list and Louisville 4. It's great the Y has 2 but this does not measure the intangibles that mold players into a team. Kentucky with 6 McDonalds All American freshman coming in may be the best team in NCAA history or could be another one and done NIT fizzle like last year. It takes more than stars. I think Rose will do a great job with our guys. I'm glad we have him as our coach!



Go Cougs!



Larry Hatton

Louisville, KY


Kentucky wins (and wins big) when they mix seniority with youth. Last year it was all youth and they flopped. This year Kentucky has sooooo much young talent, that they might not look great in the noncom, but by tourney time I would want to piece of them. That might be the greatest recruiting class since the fab 5.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.