Archived Topic

Robert Kirby - How To Treat Wyoming Fans

by urroner · 10/15/2013

Advertisement
U
urroner
In this article, Robert Kirby admits he's a rabid BYU fan....well, he went to a game and directed traffic during several. I hope he's a BYU fan. He'd be a hoot.



Any who, at the end of the article, he tells us the best way to deal with Wyoming fans.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifestyle/56998364-80/traffic-game-byu-kirby.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I dreaded the day BYU played Utah. However, directing University of Utah traffic into Provo wasn’t the worst of the games I worked. That would be the day BYU played Wyoming, my fourth and final game as a traffic referee.



I don’t recall the year. I do remember that it was an extremely lopsided score and Wyoming fans were not happy as they left the stadium.



Traffic was particularly bad at that game. There were several fender benders in the intersection I worked but I couldn’t do the paperwork on them. I had to keep the traffic moving.



A couple of drunk Wyoming fans didn’t like being ignored. They started heckling me from the sidewalk. I ignored them until they began throwing things into traffic. That’s when I used the only bit of sports knowledge I know.



I stopped traffic in all directions and made the "time-out" sign so that everyone could see it. Then I went over and...


You'll have to read the article to see what happened. It's awesome.
G
Guest
Very funny, and well deserved end.
M
mtnradio
THAT would have been worth seeing! I would have joined in the "ovation"!!!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.