Archived Topic

Lots of big time recruits at GaTech game

by craigoscarson · 10/15/2013

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
http://instagram.com/p/fZUrEnQkK7/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://instagram.com/p/fZUStAQkKk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Dayan Lake tweeted these out.



As best as I've read



Matt Bushman

Dante Pettis

Tristan Hoge

Riley Burt

Riley Burt next to Lake. He's 6'2" 190 lbs. Class of 2015. He ran a10.95 100 meters and 22.09 200 meters as a high school sophomore

Terrance Gross

Bryce Barker
S
scott715
Most of those names are new to me. I think I saw Riley in a picture, so that answers my question of who he was.
B
beauso79
Bushman committed to BYU today
L
Lawboy
The 2014 class is really shaping up nicely. Underrated how good it is and could be. 2015 class could be crazy good.
S
scott715
2015 already has two 4 starts.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
scott715 wrote:
Most of those names are new to me. I think I saw Riley in a picture, so that answers my question of who he was.


Tristan Hoge would be the most important Oline recruit we've had in 10 years..(more important than Mama in this years class). next years class. Word on the street is that he's not a BYU lean, but we got him here... step 1.

http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=6728034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Dante Pettis brother is Austin Pettis who played for Boise State and now is with the St. Louis Rams
Pettis finished his Boise State career as the school's all-time leader in both receptions (229) and touchdown catches (39). His 2,838 receiving yards rank second on the all-time list. He was a four-year starter in the Broncos' high-powered offense. Pettis set career highs with 71 receptions and 951 yards and 10 touchdowns as a senior and earned First-team All-Western Athletic Conference honors for the second consecutive year.


Riley Burt is quite the athlete and has a connection with Dayan Lake (the most important prep corner we've ever signed)



Bushman is committed and is the kind of athlete we want at TE.
Bushman is one of the nation's most productive pass catchers. So far this year he has made 40 catches for 992 yards and 16 TDs.
J
jvquarterback
My dream is to see Hoge and Mama lining up as right and left guards 3-4 years from now. Could be amazing.
B
beauso79
jvquarterback wrote:
My dream is to see Hoge and Mama lining up as right and left guards 3-4 years from now. Could be amazing.


Amen
L
Lawboy
People don't understand how great the Dayan Lake commit is. Name the last 4* corner to sign with BYU out of high school. And if he pulls other kids with him, even better.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Future looks bright. But it generally does. So, does this bright future look brighter than other bright futures? Or are folks getting blue-goggly?
C
craigoscarson
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Future looks bright. But it generally does. So, does this bright future look brighter than other bright futures? Or are folks getting blue-goggly?


I think when you look at our offense, offensive line and the fact that aside from Cody, all the star players are young, it's clear that it's very bright. Taysom is physically the most talented QB we've had since Steve Young. Williams has more potential than any running back we've ever had (and he's only 18) and our receivers will be better next year in spite of losing Cody. We add Tfab to the oline and have numerous RMs heading back.



Our secondary next year will be the deepest in the history of BYU (usually a point of discontent in BYU circles) and truthfully our greatest concern, linebacker, is a position that we usually reload fairly well and the backups are at least not chopped liver.



I think it really is bright... fill in a few holes with JUCO guys and the next three years are going to be fun.
S
snoscythe
I'd say Hill is more gifted than Young. Hill is about 18 months ahead of Young in the passing game, and a titch ahead on running ability. They may be equal in running, but Young didn't have to use it to the extent Hill has been called upon/forced to use it.



I'd still put Hill behind McMahon though. McMahon is in a class his own, I even put him above Detmer for pure gift in passing.
C
craigoscarson
snoscythe wrote:
I'd say Hill is more gifted than Young. Hill is about 18 months ahead of Young in the passing game, and a titch ahead on running ability. They may be equal in running, but Young didn't have to use it to the extent Hill has been called upon/forced to use it.



I'd still put Hill behind McMahon though. McMahon is in a class his own, I even put him above Detmer for pure gift in passing.


Physically you're probably right, it just feels like sacrilege to compare the two and give Hill the nod. (the Virginia game is still fresh and still hurts) but there's no doubt than potentially, Hill has the goods to be one of the greats and an NFL stud.
F
frdbtr
craigoscarson wrote:
I'd say Hill is more gifted than Young. Hill is about 18 months ahead of Young in the passing game, and a titch ahead on running ability. They may be equal in running, but Young didn't have to use it to the extent Hill has been called upon/forced to use it.



I'd still put Hill behind McMahon though. McMahon is in a class his own, I even put him above Detmer for pure gift in passing.


Physically you're probably right, it just feels like sacrilege to compare the two and give Hill the nod. (the Virginia game is still fresh and still hurts)


I don't think recognizing athletic ability and potential is giving the nod to the younger guy. Taysom still isn't as good as Young was, overall, in college but by the time he is finished, he may end up better.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
craigoscarson wrote:
Future looks bright. But it generally does. So, does this bright future look brighter than other bright futures? Or are folks getting blue-goggly?


........ and truthfully our greatest concern, linebacker, is a position that we usually reload fairly well and the backups are at least not chopped liver.



I think it really is bright... fill in a few holes with JUCO guys and the next three years are going to be fun.


Sounds like we are in coversations with recruit JC LB Devante Bond who committed to Miami out of HS. No offer yet
S
stgeorgefan
I doubt we get Mama or Hoge ( suprise suprise) Byu usually doesn't do good with guys who can go anywhere and wait till the end to decide. It would seem that Byu is there out of respect more than anything ( Jarbari anyone) Mama will go to Bama and Hoge will go to ND.

I sure hope I'm wrong and a miracle happens, until then I will be very happy with the consistant number of 3 star guys were bringing in.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.