Archived Topic

BYU at 22

by KYCoug · 10/14/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Houston 1 ahead of us.

BSU right behind us.

Wisconsin and ND just a few behind us



Utah way ahead of us.



We have 4 very good matchups in our next 6 games. Too bad we gave away home field advantage on two of them. Gave it away.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
Cougarbib wrote:



We have 4 very good matchups in our next 6 games. Too bad we gave away home field advantage on two of them. Gave it away.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I know that this is literally your favorite thing to say, but I'm happy for the 2 for one with Texas. It was easily worth playing Texas twice there to have such a spectacular beat-down of them in Provo. If the only chance of getting Texas to Provo was two-for one, then I'm happy that we did it.



I get that you think that there are dozens of great teams willing to give us one for ones... most of us disagree with you, but (TIC HERE) WE LOVE THAT YOU BRING IT UP EVERY 13 SECONDS....
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:



We have 4 very good matchups in our next 6 games. Too bad we gave away home field advantage on two of them. Gave it away.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I know that this is literally your favorite thing to say, but I'm happy for the 2 for one with Texas. It was easily worth playing Texas twice there to have such a spectacular beat-down of them in Provo. If the only chance of getting Texas to Provo was two-for one, then I'm happy that we did it.



I get that you think that there are dozens of great teams willing to give us one for ones... most of us disagree with you, but (TIC HERE) WE LOVE THAT YOU BRING IT UP EVERY 13 SECONDS....


We'll probably get more 1 for 1s with big teams once our fans coordinate enough to wear the right stripe color. ;)
C
Cougarbib
ABYUFAN wrote:



We have 4 very good matchups in our next 6 games. Too bad we gave away home field advantage on two of them. Gave it away.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I know that this is literally your favorite thing to say, but I'm happy for the 2 for one with Texas. It was easily worth playing Texas twice there to have such a spectacular beat-down of them in Provo. If the only chance of getting Texas to Provo was two-for one, then I'm happy that we did it.



I get that you think that there are dozens of great teams willing to give us one for ones... most of us disagree with you, but (TIC HERE) WE LOVE THAT YOU BRING IT UP EVERY 13 SECONDS....


Actuallt, I have known for 40 years that not many great programs will come to BYU straight up. In fact, they generally will not play an OOC conference game with anyone straight up. That is becoming more the case. The Texas game was a blast. I just hope you are not one of the posters that want to fire the coaches and blast players when we lose close games on the road vs ND, Texas, etc. Would you hav3 given U 2 for 1 to keep them on the schedule rhe next two years? You know - to get a chance against the odds? I am glad we said no. Would have made us their little brother.



It is on the fans. When fans demand and fill an elite stadium, thw payout goes up, the exposure increases, and more teams will come. Some still will not - chickens. We can play them in a bowl game.



Perhaps PAC or BIG would find that filled stadium and nationwide - worldwide TV viewing irresistible if the fans demanded it.



Most BYU fans have larger families and they hace Church callings - and football moves down a few notches.



It is what it is and probably is as it should be.



Cinderella.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
scott715
Stanford gave us 1 for 1. I think we needed the 2-1s to get the ball rolling and up our perception. There should be less 2-1's in the future. We have gotten or are close to getting to the promise land of being able to fill our dance card with lookers.
F
Florwood
scott715 wrote:
Stanford gave us 1 for 1. I think we needed the 2-1s to get the ball rolling and up our perception. There should be less 2-1's in the future. We have gotten or are close to getting to the promise land of being able to fill our dance card with lookers.


Gotta admit though that I'm nervous about both away games happening first in this series. Leaves us very open to Stanford canceling the series after they get their home games. Sort of like what might happen with Notre Dame.
C
Cougarbib
PAC has almost always played us straight up and PAC teams have not been unwilling to schedule tough games out of conference. But PAC rules have screwed up getting games late in the season - at all. That has turned around slightly. I hope I live long enough to see the Stanford games. A decade away!



I hope BYU is pursuing any and all opportunities to schedule PAC teams.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
Cougarbib wrote:
I just hope you are not one of the posters that want to fire the coaches and blast players when we lose close games on the road vs ND, Texas, etc.


That is fair. I promise that I won't post demanding that coaches get fired, and you promise to stop complaining about 2 for ones... deal?

;)
C
Cougarbib
ABYUFAN wrote:
I just hope you are not one of the posters that want to fire the coaches and blast players when we lose close games on the road vs ND, Texas, etc.


That is fair. I promise that I won't post demanding that coaches get fired, and you promise to stop complaining about 2 for ones... deal?

;)


Compromise. I will not bring it up again until the next whiny thread from fans who just cannot understand how we could lose on the road to one of those teams we gave favorable scheduling to.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.