Archived Topic

FTP: BYU vs GT

by mizzoucoug · 10/12/2013

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
(from their perspective)



GT has a few fan sites to pull from. They seem to be pretty somber about their prospects in this one. Assuming we win I'll do a postgame FTP as well sometime after church tomorrow.



Here we go:




We need to beat BYU this weekend to turn the season around and I think the players are focused and mad enough to do it.



BYU and GT have played the same SOS so far and we are both 3-2. BYU has a slightly higher power ranking and home at 4000 feet.



But I think we win this one. I didn't predict VT and said I thought we'd lose to Miami. We are about a 3-4 point underdog, I predict we win 26-20. It will be a tough game and our speed advantage will overcome their size on the edges. We'll have a Miami type D game where we give ground but get turnovers and won't give up the big plays since BYU has no where near the receivers that Miami has.



I have a game watching party to enjoy the game! All invited for free beer.





We lose in a close one. 28-21.





I predict that our offense will score more than the 3 points that they scored last year!

Last season's home game against BYU was embarrassing



My biggest concern is playing a physical game at Miami in 90 degree weather, then traveling 2/3 of the way across the country to play at 4000 feet. NFL teams don't usually fare very well in that type scenario. Let alone 20-year old kids.



BYU plays a brutally physical game, we saw that last year.



I'm also concerned that if things don't go our way early, the boys may quit on Paul. The fourth quarter it looked like the defense was laying down.



Blowout alert.





I don't know if I can be that optimistic about this game. If we easily win TOP, then we'll have a much better chance, but if our D can't stop them on 3rd down and has to stay out on the field, we're going to be in big trouble. It doesn't matter how good your conditioning is at 1,000 ft, once you go to 4,500 you're going to be sucking air with your hands on your hips. Add to that the fact that they seemed to handle us easily last year, their missionary trips negate our strategy of redshirting our linemen (LOL), and they have the type of power running game we've worried about our D getting exposed by.





My heart says 38-35 good guys. My head says 31-21 going the wrong way.

My 9-3 prediction had us winning this game so I'm going to stick to that.



Ball St >>>>>> UVA >>> BYU



Us 31

BYU 17





Byu 42-20

I think we lose , BYU 27 GA TECH 24



Mormons 38

Good Guys 17





BYU appears to have the power run game. That frightens me more than a little. However, they don't have the team speed or throwing potential of Miami to stretch us out. Maybe we can stack the box, play some man coverage and have that be enough. I don't know. They will be a physical defense. It is hard to tell. Personally, I think it is a compelling match up.





BYU is not as good this year. At the end of last year, they had a power ranking of 70.1% and currently they are at 65.8%. They lost at UVa and to Utah at home (Utah is ranked 44th currently.) They have the advantage, but I am hoping that better execution by the O will be enough. Their O will score and we'll stack the box for sure. I think our LBs are too much of an int threat that BYU will go with ground and pound until we stop them and have the lead. If we don't, then it easily could be a blowout with our D on the field for far too many plays.





We had a lot of bragging on this board last year about how we were going to beat BYU





i think we rebound in a close one..............no prediction of score just a close win...........I Hope.





I can't see this---

we got killed last yr,they are VERY confident now

AWAY

we are playing very avg,are probably an avg team

could be blow-out, but maybe only -17-31





Well lets see what happened last year against BYU..........

Our defense scored 7 points on an interception return for a TD--will that happen Saturday?--doubtful

Our special teams scored 7 points on a return for a TD--will that happen Saturday?--doubtful

Our offense scored a grand total of 3 points by setting up a field goal--will that happen Saturday?--probable

Will cpj call the same old predictable plays that don't work against decent teams and then blame the players for missing blocks or making the wrong reads?--yes





LOL at people picking GT..



BYU 42 GT 10.



Blowout City !!!!





34 Tech



20 polygamist





Did you hear what the BYU defense did with the extra day to prepare for our offense?--

Absolutely nothing, no need to do so





(About missionaries) These guys really believe. They ride around our town (full of Southern Baptists who think they are the anti-Christ) in August on bikes with ties on. I really have never gotten the self abuse thing. But they are always nice and just keep on going. When they came to the door when we first moved here, they took no as an answer.





That "extra time to prepare for our offense" is a bunch of horse$hit made up by the Johnsonians to excuse predictable play-calling and below-avg recruiting. You don't need extra time to figure out how to stop QB Keepers nor Dive plays.



not that it matters tonight. GT 31 BYU 17





I expect our boys to come out FIRED UP and WELL PREPARED. Surely they'll want some revenge for last year's home loss and our head coach will have no problems motivating and focusing them on the task at hand.



BYU blows. They lost to the Cadavers, who got their asssses handed to them by My Balls St, fercrissakes.



Every Mormon I've ever met is a nice person but to hell with 'em for the next 24 hours!



US: 31

Them: 17





Mormons 20

Date Rapists 31





Not allowed to drink caffeine - 28

We Can Do That - 31





Ramblin Wreck - 28

Big Love - 26





A great deal of drinking in Provo followed by shocked and disgusted Mormons.





Caffeine jacked Jackets- 24

Caffeine free Cougars- 21





Reality Check 20

BYU 38





We are better than people think and BYU is not as good as last year. We will surprise.





B.Y.Who- 45

Seat getting hot- 17





My sister's first husband was a dirty rotten Mormom from BYU. She caught the MF screwing around and divorced his soda drinking ass.



I say



Weirdo funny underwearing hypocrites that are older than our guys cuz they get to go on "a mission."

24

Techmites

37.





I just hope we put up a fight.





I don't think I've seen so many of you pick against us ever. Even for a UGA game. Seems like the fanbase is pretty pessimistic. Sad.





I am perhaps being overly generous, but I think they will run up and down the filed on us. After watching what Miami's O Line did to us last week, I have no reason to think BYU's Ol one will do any less (or not much less, anyway)



Hope I'm wrong.



Their D line ain't bad either. And we haven't exactly fared well against good D lines ever under CPJ. (Maybe no one does)





Our O is another ballgame alltogether...dumbest bunch of smart kids I have ever seen.





Lots of motherööööers on here have their öööö mind NOT rite. UVag beat these middle-aged Mormon öööös and then they were balled by Ball ööööing State. They (BYU) are not unbeatable supermen. It's time to get the sand out and support the team.





Fun stuff. We'll see how it goes.
G
Gunk
Haha



Hope we spank them and on the way out hand them a Book of Mormon with a Coke for the plane ride.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
TECHnically speaking, they are going to get their hives handed to them and feel the sting of defeat, then make a quick beeline back home with a lot of buzz about the strength of our D.
B
BOID
What amuses me the most is when they pull out the old stereotypes: "BYU is old, big, physical, but SLOW, so our team speed will beat them around the edges. BYU has nowhere near the receivers that Miami has, so we'll just stack the box against them." They do usually respect BYU's linemen, but they assume that BYU's skill positions are filled by slow, local guys (can't recruit the skill from out of state). The " Mormons vs Date Rapists" line was particularly funny. Bottom line: most of them fear that another beat down is coming.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BOID
Anyway, thanks, mizzoucoug, for finding that. It was a fun read.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Good stuff. Love hearing what people think about the missionaries.



G. Tech. Good luck the rest of the year.
N
nuk13
I would like to know what they think of BYUs speed now.



I wish them luck as well.
S
scott715
Quotes from the G Tech board



"We just don't have the athletes to compete with a program like BYU."



"Elevated wrote: We just don't have the athletes to compete with a program like BYU.

I hope we don't have them on the schedule next year. Or maybe we can become the Mormon Institute of Technology and recruit some of their players."
C
Cougs_Rule
scott715 wrote:
Quotes from the G Tech board



"We just don't have the athletes to compete with a program like BYU."



"Elevated wrote: We just don't have the athletes to compete with a program like BYU.

I hope we don't have them on the schedule next year. Or maybe we can become the Mormon Institute of Technology and recruit some of their players."


ROTFL. That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.