Archived Topic

MWC Awards, TCU Sweep?

by Y&Brit · 12/1/2009

Advertisement
Y
Y&Brit
History says TCU will NOT sweep.



The MWC loves spreading out awards, even when fans disagree. I won't mention specific examples, but I will say 06 07 08 and 09 had people saying what? The MWC ignores stats and just goes off of popularity, national attention, and dart throwing.



Many think TCU will gobble it all up-the best team in the history of the mwc is the 09 TCU team. BUT...I still think someone somewhere will get it.



If we go by 2007 logic, Wyoming or SDSU coach will get coach of the year, not Patterson.
W
westidahocougar
Yeah some of these conference awards are pretty crazy. It happens in every conference though....



A good (or bad) example is in 2006 the WAC gave Hawaii coach June Jones conference coach of the year, yet Chris Petersen won the national coach of the year.



I think TCU will win the defensive awards, and Dalton may get the Offensive POY, but I think if he does it would be based on the team, and not necessarily his statistics....
S
snoscythe
westidahocougar wrote:
Yeah some of these conference awards are pretty crazy. It happens in every conference though....



A good (or bad) example is in 2006 the WAC gave Hawaii coach June Jones conference coach of the year, yet Chris Petersen won the national coach of the year.



I think TCU will win the defensive awards, and Dalton may get the Offensive POY, but I think if he does it would be based on the team, and not necessarily his statistics....


The awards came in this morning.
C
CAFB_04-12
TCU deserves all the awards. Not sure when the votes were taken, but Max probably blew his chances for 1st team on Saturday night.
W
westidahocougar
ha ha yeah I just saw that the awards were already out....my bad.....
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.