S
scott715Archived Topic
Poll of Utahns on Closures
by scott715 · 10/9/2013
Advertisement
B
BroncoBotscott715 wrote:http://libertasutah.org/survey/public-opinion-poll-utahns-views-on-national-park-closures/
I still don't understand why anyone feels it to be necessary to close the parks due to government closure.
S
SpiffCougBroncoBot wrote:http://libertasutah.org/survey/public-opinion-poll-utahns-views-on-national-park-closures/
I still don't understand why anyone feels it to be necessary to close the parks due to government closure.
San Juan county is asking the same thing.
C
Cougarfan87BroncoBot wrote:http://libertasutah.org/survey/public-opinion-poll-utahns-views-on-national-park-closures/
I still don't understand why anyone feels it to be necessary to close the parks due to government closure.
The only thing I could think of would be due to emergency response. However, emergency response are typically considered emergency personnel not subject to being furloughed. So, besides the maintenance and upkeep of bathrooms, etc....which they could just lock, there really is no good reason. It is obvious that it is being done to "make it hurt" because most people probably would not even notice the government was shutdown otherwise--other than most of the President's and Democrat's voting base--those frequenting the Social Security Office.
B
BroncoBotCougarfan87 wrote:scott715 wrote:http://libertasutah.org/survey/public-opinion-poll-utahns-views-on-national-park-closures/
I still don't understand why anyone feels it to be necessary to close the parks due to government closure.
The only thing I could think of would be due to emergency response. However, emergency response are typically considered emergency personnel not subject to being furloughed. So, besides the maintenance and upkeep of bathrooms, etc....which they could just lock, there really is no good reason. It is obvious that it is being done to "make it hurt" because most people probably would not even notice the government was shutdown otherwise--other than most of the President's and Democrat's voting base--those frequenting the Social Security Office.
Still a terrible reason. Just put a clause out there that you are at your own risk. Don't do anything stupid.
It's funny that "emergency response" getting paid is the tipping point for so many people when it comes to national parks, yet the Obama administration sees no problem with attempting to pay Doctors/Physicians as little as possible and litigating the heck out of them at the same time.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

