Archived Topic

Mike Alisa done for season

by stgeorgefan · 10/4/2013

Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
Per Greg Wrubell. Groin injury. Has a redshirt available.



Really feeling bad for Mike, guy has had the injury bug last two seasons.
S
stgeorgefan
With Jamal only supposed to be getting half the reps today and Hine and Alisa out, I wonder if TH gets more called runs?
W
Wolfman
Hill's chances of injury just went way up.
T
tww
It's Algie Brown time!



Algie Brown get to run Aggies down.
C
CougarClaw
i'm fine with algernon getting touches. Dude has earned it.
Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
Wolfman wrote:
Hill's chances of injury just went way up.


Do you think that Taysom gets more designed run plays OR does Algie Brown get Alisa and Hine's reps?
C
Cougarbib
tww wrote:
It's Algie Brown time!



Algie Brown get to run Aggies down.


This. He was officially announced as 2nd String.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
cougarnerd
I know we gave dotter good running backs, but I still feel sorry for him. It's gotta be hard to sit out the year with an injury for two yards in a row.
C
Cougarbib
cougarnerd wrote:
I know we have better running backs, but I still feel sorry for him. It's gotta be hard to sit out the year with an injury for two years in a row.


Is this what you meant to say.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
I don't think he can use a medical redshirt. A medical redshirt is only available to athletes who play in 30% or fewer of their team's competitions in that season.



Alisa played against UVA, Texas, Utah, and MTSU. Without a bowl game, that's ~33%. With a bowl game, that's 30.8%.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
snoscythe wrote:
I don't think he can use a medical redshirt. A medical redshirt is only available to athletes who play in 30% or fewer of their team's competitions in that season.



Alisa played against UVA, Texas, Utah, and MTSU. Without a bowl game, that's ~33%. With a bowl game, that's 30.8%.


It is not a medical hardship red-shirt per se. It is a regular red-shirt. Alisa still has one available. Per Bronco, as long as he did not play last night, he met the criteria.



Not sure if 30% applies for a regular red-shirt - ie no special approval for a 6th year needed - but if it does - I assume that he must not have played in one of those first 4 games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.