Archived Topic

Austin Collie Signs With Patriots

by Wolverine · 10/3/2013

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
The new Wes Welker, except his wife's not a dummy.
C
Cougs_Rule
If ever there was a poster child for why and who the NFL should be paying gobs of money to for not defending his brain and his future cognitive functioning, its Austin.

Biggest crime in the NFL was not fining the Indamnable safety who committed a felony with his helmet to helmet hit and ruined Austin's career. And Austin's tough guy routine post concussion of "no harm no foul" was the dumbest concession he could have ever made.

Thank goodness the rules have changed since then. I hope Brady doesn't sell out Austin over the middle. Bt where else is a slot receiver supposed to play and catch? Sad story.
B
BroncoBot
Great news. Hope he stays healthy.



Funny comment cougs_rule, I don't see WEs Welker being used over the middle a lot in Denver, but I've only seen 2 games.
B
BigCougsFan
Looks like Wes Welker won't be the only one to catch a TD pass from Brady and Manning.



Collie will soon do the same.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
Good for Austin, I guess. He did make it through last year without a concussion. It was a knee injury last year that took him out. I get the desire to play the game you love and make money at doing so, but 4 massive concussions is probably at least 2 too many for me.
C
Cougs_Rule
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Good for Austin, I guess. He did make it through last year without a concussion. It was a knee injury last year that took him out. I get the desire to play the game you love and make money at doing so, but 4 massive concussions is probably at least 2 too many for me.


Signed,

Steve Young.
G
Gunk
Not sure I'd keep playing after all those concussions, but that's Collie's call, not mine. Won't stop me from cheering for him.
S
stgeorgefan
Couldn't have landed on a better team. Brady passing the ball and a team full of injured WR's. He will have every chance to succeed there.
G
Guest
I guess I'll have to stop hating the Patriots.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
I guess I'll have to stop hating the Patriots.

Funny how the pats and the lions are the two teams I'll be following now.
S
scott715
Made two catches on the final winning drive. One was on 4th down.
M
Matty-B
Bill Belichick talking about Austin Collie making big catch on final drive. Says Collie staying 2-2.5 hours late every day to get up 2 speed



Still a work horse!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.