Archived Topic

This years starters??

by beauso79 · 10/3/2013

Advertisement
B
beauso79
I think I'd like to see these starters at the beginning of the season:



1 - Carlino/Winder/Kyle/Halford

2 - Halford/Winder/Bartley

3 - Haws/Sharp/Kyle

4 - Kyle Collinsworth/Worthington/Sharp

5 - Mika/Austin/Worthington



That would give us 3 guys on the floor that can handle the ball easily as well as 3 guys that can hit the 3. Kyle is 6'6" 210lbs so playing the 4 would be an upgrade to whatever Sharp could possibly bring. Unless Sharp has put on 80lbs in the off-season. This would also allow us to keep depth at the 4/5. I also believe these guys would be rock solid on defense. Plus this team could run other teams off the court. Then maybe we add LeBronson come Dec/Jan. What say you guys?? Man, I'm ready for some B-Ball!!!!!!
N
nuk13
That's a good list. I'd like to see Haws play a little at guard as well as forward. I think these players give Rose/BYU a lot of options and versatility.



I am also ready for basketball. They beat the utes!
W
Wolverine
I am also ready for some hoops. I really enjoy Cougar Football, but I LOVE Cougar Hoops. I was just looking at the schedule this morning to see what games I can drive down from Idaho to see. I am definitely thinking Utah State and Utah in SLC, Pacific and St. Mary's make for a nice long weekend visit, and Gonzaga for sure. I thing Coach Rose and his team are in for a good season. My lineup as of today would look like this:

1-3: interchangeable parts of Carlino, Collinsworth, and Haws

4-5: Austin/Sharp/Worthington and Mika
B
beauso79
I just want to see the 3-ball drop some more this year.



Hey Wolverine, where in Idaho are you from??
W
Wolverine
Blackfoot for the past 16 years.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
Wolverine wrote:
Blackfoot for the past 16 years.


I think there were some wolverine sightings in Wolverine Canyon. You don't wear a shaggy 2 tone brown coat do you?
Q
Qman
beauso79 wrote:
I think I'd like to see these starters at the beginning of the season:



1 - Carlino/Winder/Kyle/Halford

2 - Halford/Winder/Bartley

3 - Haws/Sharp/Kyle

4 - Kyle Collinsworth/Worthington/Sharp

5 - Mika/Austin/Worthington



That would give us 3 guys on the floor that can handle the ball easily as well as 3 guys that can hit the 3. Kyle is 6'6" 210lbs so playing the 4 would be an upgrade to whatever Sharp could possibly bring. Unless Sharp has put on 80lbs in the off-season. This would also allow us to keep depth at the 4/5. I also believe these guys would be rock solid on defense. Plus this team could run other teams off the court. Then maybe we add LeBronson come Dec/Jan. What say you guys?? Man, I'm ready for some B-Ball!!!!!!




I think we may see a small ball line-up like you show above but I hope don't start there.



I prefer size, rebounding and defense so:



Carlino--playmaking/scoring and shooting

Collinsworth-designated wing defender

Haws-primary scorer

Austin-rebounder-defender

Mika-rebounder-defender



With Austin, Haws and Carlino you should have enough outside shooting to keep people honest.



Austin was healthy going into this offseason- unlike the last one- so in theory he should be getting stronger and improving.



I wonder if/how Haws will be able to improve?



I don't know enough about our new guards to make any sort of intelligent comment.
N
nuk13
I wonder how good a wing M. Mathews would be. After the game I watched his dunk video. He can fly and get to the hoop.
M
Mars
beauso79 wrote:
2 - Halford/Winder/Bartley

/NoneOfTheAbove
B
beauso79
Mars wrote:
2 - Halford/Winder/Bartley

/NoneOfTheAbove


I think we'll see quite a bit of Halford at the 2. We can't afford to not hit the 3 anymore for Rose's offense to be worth a damn.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
nuk13 wrote:
That's a good list. I'd like to see Haws play a little at guard as well as forward. I think these players give Rose/BYU a lot of options and versatility.



I am also ready for basketball. They beat the utes!


No way BYU beats the Utes this year with Kyle at the 4. We barely did last year. You forget who Utes have at the four. Would put money on my prediction if KC was at 4.
B
BroncoBot
Cougs_Rule wrote:
That's a good list. I'd like to see Haws play a little at guard as well as forward. I think these players give Rose/BYU a lot of options and versatility.



I am also ready for basketball. They beat the utes!


No way BYU beats the Utes this year with Kyle at the 4. We barely did last year. You forget who Utes have at the four. Would put money on my prediction if KC was at 4.

Last time I checked the NCAA plays 5 on 5 basketball.
B
beauso79
Cougs_Rule wrote:
That's a good list. I'd like to see Haws play a little at guard as well as forward. I think these players give Rose/BYU a lot of options and versatility.



I am also ready for basketball. They beat the utes!


No way BYU beats the Utes this year with Kyle at the 4. We barely did last year. You forget who Utes have at the four. Would put money on my prediction if KC was at 4.


You really don't think Kyle can handle Loveridge on D'? Isn't Loveridge small for a 4 and only 6'6" as well? Kyle has long arms, plays smart and has a constant motor.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
Cougs_Rule wrote:
No way BYU beats the Utes this year with Kyle at the 4.

Derp.
S
SpiffCoug
I think this year, Coach Rose should have Kyle Van Noy and Cody Hoffman start against Utah.



Just so those two can taste waht it feels like to beat Utah.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:
I think this year, Coach Rose should have Kyle Van Noy and Cody Hoffman start against Utah.



Just so those two can taste waht it feels like to beat Utah.


LOL!



Or, at the very least give them front row seats.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
H
HoosierCougar
I find myself wishing that Alani Fua could play the 2. He lettered in volleyball in HS. Doubt he can shoot the 2... but can you imaging a 6'5" 215# shooting guard? That would be awesome!
B
beauso79
Read some articles today and it sounds like we might see this line-up:



1 - KC

2 - Carlino

3 - Haws

4 - Austin

5 - Mika



Reading quotes from interviews Rose stated how Kyle "never played his natural position" as a freshman and how Kyle is a "natural born leader". This still doesn't fix our issues shooting the 3-pt unless KC magically improved. Austin will primarily be used at the 4 this season as well. We also have a couple new walk-ons, one which is 6'8" Graham Pingree. He "might" be useful
G
Gunk
beauso79 wrote:
Read some articles today and it sounds like we might see this line-up:



1 - KC

2 - Carlino

3 - Haws

4 - Austin

5 - Mika



Reading quotes from interviews Rose stated how Kyle "never played his natural position" as a freshman and how Kyle is a "natural born leader". Austin will primarily be used at the 4 this season as well. We also have a couple new walk-ons, one which is 6'8" Graham Pingree. He "might" be useful


KC at the 1. I think I just threw up in my mouth. You thought Carlino turned the ball over...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
bigbluepuma
Wolverine wrote:
Blackfoot for the past 16 years.




Go Broncos! I graduated from Blackfoot HS. Only spent 1 year there, but loved the place and loved the people. Popular LDS speaker/teacher/leader, Randy Bird was my class pres.
Page 1 of 4
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.