Archived Topic

Season Ticket Investing

by Cougarbib · 10/3/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
What a difference a week makes in the value of BYU FB Tickets.



The scalper value of Texas tickets took a hit after the UVA loss - but still had significant value until the rain hit right before kick-off. Couldn't give a ticket away at that point.



But BYU killed Texas. Ute ticket values soared. I watched a student peel out $300 for a pair of decent, but unspectacular seats.



But U beat us. And threat of more rain and cold and an unspectacular opponent, and the same student wasn't even interested in those same seats at $50 for the pair.



I gave my seats to relatives before deciding to stay in town an extra 3 days. After haggling a scalper down to $10 for an endzone seat- I got to meet the fan that sold that seat to the scalper for $3. Yes. $3. It is a good thing I did not pay the $25 the scalper wanted.



All we need is a win over USU and those GT tickets are going to spike up in value.



The scalper did turn down the guy that offered $20 total for 5 tickets for his kids. So he had them fan out and try to get to the fans selling before the scalper grabbed them all up.



Location is key. You gotta position yourself downstream from the scalper if you want a deal.
S
snoscythe
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/DWbL4mg3pjc/hqdefault.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Sno - to those who know everything - everything is obvious.



I was a little surprised after paying $10 for a ticket after bargaining hard to get the guy down from $25 and seeing others pay $20, to learn that he was gobbling them up for $3.



I just posted that because I have seen Mars and others that would like to take the family to a game bemoaning thw steep price of tickets.



Based on what I observed, a well timed trip to see a Sun Belt type opponent from far away in cold weather after a BYU loss or 2 tarnishes the season a bit could get the whole family in for $3 per ticket if you position yourself a half block below the scalper who stands in the Wells Fargo bank corner at University Parkway and University Avenue. Yeah - the tickets will be scattered, but it will be easy to find empty seats together once inside.



I know. Obvious. Everyone knows exactly how much the scalpers pay and how much they mark them up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jvquarterback
Gotta love the free market. My cousin and I ended up at the 40yd line in San Diego last year for $10 apiece. Too bad we didn't stay in our orginal seats. We would have been front row for KVN's heroics.



Same plan for Reno and San Francisco this year.
S
stgeorgefan
I WANT TICKETS TO THE GT GAME. I want them NOW before BYU beats USU and the value goes up ;)

Whats the scalping situation this year. Could I make the drive and be safe getting tickets??
Advertisement
S
scott715
A couple of years ago, I went to the Ole Miss game. Stubhub made me buy 2 tickets in the endzone for about $40. The scalper traded my 2 for 1 on the 50 yard line. I was in the middle of all of the staff. Great deal.
C
Cougarbib
stgeorgefan wrote:
I WANT TICKETS TO THE GT GAME. I want them NOW before BYU beats USU and the value goes up ;)

Whats the scalping situation this year. Could I make the drive and be safe getting tickets??

Creative. You just need to find that seller that wants to short the Cougs.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.